Game Thread vs Seattle Aug 26th @ 9:05

letsgoarow

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
What are you talking about?  You don't think our offense will break out against this rookie?

I know you're being sarcastic but:

Struggling offense+Young phenom pitcher we haven't seen before= :uhoh

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
I'm not sure about that, this game is scary.....

This is going to sound bad but... Even though most likely the Sox will not win tomorrow and will most likely be shutout by a rookie, I'm still looking forward to seeing him pitch. I've seen all of his starts so far this year and I am mesmerised. King Felix is absolutely sick, it will be a pleasure to see him pitch tomorrow.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
This is going to sound bad but... Even though most likely the Sox will not win tomorrow and will most likely be shutout by a rookie, I'm still looking forward to seeing him pitch. I've seen all of his starts so far this year and I am mesmerised. King Felix is absolutely sick, it will be a pleasure to see him pitch tomorrow.

He can go mesmerise you against some other team :P

debbie_downer.jpg

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
He  can go mesmerise you against some other team :P

But now I get to here Hawk talk about how he's not as good as some of the pitchers he saw in his day, though he will say "this kid is gonna be something special". DJ will be absolutely droolling over Felix' curveball, not to mention his 95 MPH fastball that acts as a sinker and his ridiculous change that cuts 15 MPH off of his fastball with phenominal movement, how could I forget his 4 seemer that he throws 97 MPH with movement in on RHB and movement in on a LHB both with pin-point control. 2 years from now we'll see that slider, which is his best pitch.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
But now I get to here Hawk talk about how he's not as good as some of the pitchers he saw in his day, though he will say "this kid is gonna be something special". DJ will be absolutely droolling over Felix' curveball, not to mention his 95 MPH fastball that acts as a sinker and his ridiculous change that cuts 15 MPH off of his fastball with phenominal movement, how could I forget his 4 seemer that he throws 97 MPH with movement in on RHB and movement in on a LHB both with pin-point control. 2 years from now we'll see that slider, which is his best pitch.

So in otherwords....he's nothing special?

At least when Hawk talks about how good the guy is pitching against us and how most teams would get shut out by him, it won't be a pitcher like Shawn friggin' Estes.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
This is going to sound bad but... Even though most likely the Sox will not win tomorrow and will most likely be shutout by a rookie, I'm still looking forward to seeing him pitch.

This is why I have been looking forward to the game as well. I want to see him pitch.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
I've seen all of his starts so far this year and I am mesmerised. King Felix is absolutely sick, it will be a pleasure to see him pitch tomorrow.

You lucky lucky person. Tommorrow will be the first time I get to see him pitch, and I can't wait.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
This is why I have been looking forward to the game as well. I want to see him pitch.

You lucky lucky person. Tommorrow will be the first time I get to see him pitch, and I can't wait.

His major league debut kinda sucked. It wasn't on MLB Extra Innings and MLB.tv was f***ed up, the only view they had was from behind homeplate at Comerica. You still got the full effect of what he was pitching though. Luckily both of his starts against Min were on MLB Extra Innings as was the one against KC.

All I'm saying is...don't be going insane, throwing insults at other posters and the team if we get shutdown against Felix. This kid is without a doubt one the best young pitchers to come along in a LONG time.

El-duque needs to bring his A game. He is pitching against a young phenom in Felix Hernandez, and with our offense- El-duque can only afford to give up 2-3 runs. Although Seattle is having a bad season- they still have Sexon, Ichiru and Beltre and thats still a dangerous trio.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
El-duque needs to bring his A game. He is pitching against a young phenom in Felix Hernandez, and with our offense- El-duque can only afford to give up 2-3 runs. Although Seattle is having a bad season- they still have Sexon, Ichiru and Beltre and thats still a dangerous trio.

I think El Duque has to pitch a shutout, or give up less than 2 runs to have a chance at winning. Our offense lately+Hernandez+being on the west coast=not many runs.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
Kalaspe, I agree 100%, and said the same thing yesturday.I just want to see him. Our O is nothing to go crazy over, and almost no one has gotten to Felix yet, so im not expecting a W. I am just excited to see this kid pitch.

^

honestly, that's exactly how i feel.

If there's any game to not go nuts over our lack of O, this is probably it.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
^

honestly, that's exactly how i feel.

If there's any game to not go nuts over our lack of O, this is probably it.

you guys are nuts. i dont understand how you can possibly conceed a loss, to a ROOKIE pitcher. yes, top prospect in baseball aside, hes still 19! who knows whats gonna happen if this guy makes 1 mistake in teh 1st and it gets jacked. please, if there was any game to not go nuts over our lack of O it was against santana, a proven stud, not a guy who should be a stud. i mean, yeah im looking foward to seeing him play, but to automatically regard this guy like hes bob gibson circa 1968 after hes only had 4 games in teh bigs at age 19 it is not only stupid but insane. the way ppl on here are talking about him is like hes never gonna lose. ever.

Edited by daa84

They faced Felix in ST. He was hitting 98 on the gun in that game. So while it was a while ago, they did face him. And they hit him a bit. Facing a good pitcher like this is a blessing in disguise. It forces them to keep short compact swings, instead of when we face a guy who barely hits 90 and they feel they can jack him.

All I have to say is another great pitcher from Venezuela? We better have like 10 scouts that are just assigned to that country alone. They are turning out stud pitchers at a good clip down there.

Big pitchers park should play right in the sox game plan this weekend. It should be a good series.