Hurray for civility...

The Sir

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Froma Harrop, aka Frumpy Harlot.

The write up summarizes my thoughts perfectly. It is indeed courtesy of one of my favorite conservative sites, but that doesn't change the idiocy and outright hypocrisy of what Ms. Harlot said. The stupidity of her piece just boggles my mind. And even after being widely and rightfully fried for it, she continues to stand her ground.

My favorite part is that, immediately after stating that civility is allowing others to say their piece (in a piece where she is skewering conservatives for saying their piece), she removes the ability to comment on her posts. Guess she doesn't like the whole civility thing after all.

I'm really curious what the board's liberals think of this. I'm not trying to bait anyone, but isn't it embarassing having this idiot on your side? I'm embarassed by Sarah "I don't know one f***ing SCOTUS case beyond Roe v Wade" Palin and I really hope you guys are embarassed by Frumpy "I want everyone to be civil and have the ability to say their piece but YOU SHUT THE f*** UP!" Harlot.

What sayeth you?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Sir @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)

The write up summarizes my thoughts perfectly. It is indeed courtesy of one of my favorite conservative sites, but that doesn't change the idiocy and outright hypocrisy of what Ms. Harlot said. The stupidity of her piece just boggles my mind. And even after being widely and rightfully fried for it, she continues to stand her ground.

My favorite part is that, immediately after stating that civility is allowing others to say their piece (in a piece where she is skewering conservatives for saying their piece), she removes the ability to comment on her posts. Guess she doesn't like the whole civility thing after all.

I'm really curious what the board's liberals think of this. I'm not trying to bait anyone, but isn't it embarassing having this idiot on your side? I'm embarassed by Sarah "I don't know one f***ing SCOTUS case beyond Roe v Wade" Palin and I really hope you guys are embarassed by Frumpy "I want everyone to be civil and have the ability to say their piece but YOU SHUT THE f*** UP!" Harlot.

What sayeth you?

sorry, but you've pushed my buttons today -

how doth thou feel about Mrs. Bachmann and her closeted husband in that regard?

There are people who say dumb things on both sides of the isle. Difference is that Ms. Harrop isn't running for the flippin' presidency.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)

Waaaaaa. Cry some more, bro.

There are people who say dumb things on both sides of the isle. Difference is that Ms. Harrop isn't running for the flippin' presidency.

I've never thought much of Bachmann. Certainly not my first choice.

And I never denied that both sides have their share of dumbasses. Sarah Palin is a dumbass on my side, and I hate her guts.

That doesn't make Harrop's behavior more acceptable. Especially as the leader of a civility project.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)

And I never denied that both sides have their share of dumbasses. Sarah Palin is a dumbass on my side, and I hate her guts.

That doesn't make Harrop's behavior more acceptable. Especially as the leader of a civility project.

sure it does, since she aint trying to become leader of the free world.

You say that as if being gay is a bad thing. And since it is something you really have no idea about, maybe an 'allegedly' would be in order.

QUOTE (The Sir @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)

What sayeth you?

Because of your choice of last words, and referencing Hobbits, let me respond with this.

the-lord-of-the-rings-the-battle-for-mid This summarizes my look of confusion right now. I don't know who the f*** Froma Harrop is, but I know saying "Frumpy Harlot" is about the intellectual equivalent of calling someone a doo-doo head.

Of course you're trying to bait, you picked a liberal blogger/writer who only political activists would know, who isn't currently in the media for any controversy other than on a Conservative site, and asked if we're embarrassed by her?

Are you embarrassed by...oh wait, I can't think of an equivalent because I don't waste my time digging around for conservatives to hate on. News flash; there are idiots on both sides. An overwhelming majority of idiots. When talking politics, most everyone is an idiot. You, me, the Fox News pundits, MSNBC pundits, etc.

Are you proud of these people?

http://calcoastnews.com/2011/08/fox-news-s...-death-threats/

See, goes both ways, except you have a lot more so I'm right na-na-na-boo-boo.

Oh, also, this guy.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)

Woo! Last line is important here.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)

Let's address each line in order:

1) Ok, see, that's NOT how to create constructive debate. That just makes you look immature. Try addressing people as equals.

2) This is reassuring to hear.

3) This is agreeable!

4) True, but it doesn't change the fact that this controversy is limited to a conservative blog, so you're asking if we're embarrassed about someone most of us probably don't know.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
sure it does, since she aint trying to become leader of the free world.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 11:39 PM)

You say that as if being gay is a bad thing. And since it is something you really have no idea about, maybe an 'allegedly' would be in order.

This is off topic, but I have finally been able to read your avatar. Wow. Take a nice, thoughtful image and s*** on it much?

You're right, Quin. Honestly, you are.

Why do I get so worked up about these people who don't really matter? Froma Harrop doesn't really matter. StrangeSox doesn't really matter, and equally I don't really matter. Brother Jed freaks me the f*** out (I've made my dislike for evangelists well-known), but he doesn't really matter. And as much as I dislike the evangelical American Atheists, it saddens me that 8,000 people would want to murder someone because AA got an opportunity to spread their views. Still, those people don't really matter. Well, not until they actually murder someone, which they won't.

So you're right. I'm not being sarcastic or underhanded with this. There is really no point in getting worked up over every doofus who disagrees with me. Very few of them actually matter.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 04:42 AM)
This is off topic, but I have finally been able to read your avatar. Wow. Take a nice, thoughtful image and s*** on it much?

Nothing in it is untrue, so I don't see the problem.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
Nothing in it is untrue, so I don't see the problem.

1) It contradicts itself. Christianity suppresses gay rights at the top but Christianity is 'no threat' to any at the bottom.

2) There are less adherents of Judaism than Taoism OR Paganism, so why doesn't Judaism get the 'statistically insignificant' dig?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
1) It contradicts itself. Christianity suppresses gay rights at the top but Christianity is 'no threat' to any at the bottom.

2) There are less adherents of Judaism than Taoism OR Paganism, so why doesn't Judaism get the 'statistically insignificant' dig?

Cause we have dreidels and s***.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)

2. Christianity isn't killing anyone (at least not in the last few decades), and the few people who HAVE done stuff in the name of Christianity (abortion clinic bombers, etc.) are not supported and celebrated by the masses for their actions. Don't have funds set aside to pay the families of abortion clinic bombers after they get caught. And despite Christianities 'suppression' of gays, they hate the 'sin' not the 'sinner'. Islam would just kill them and be done with it.

1. Do you disagree with any other parts, or the main premise of the thing, or do you just want to play semantics? They get that treatment because ti makes the pic 'work'. Just like they got thrown into the original, just to make it 'work'.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
2. Christianity isn't killing anyone (at least not in the last few decades)

I didn't say anything about killing (though Christians have been killing gays in Africa). Christians don't have to kill to be a threat to the other groups, and they clearly are, especially the 'gay rights' group.

And despite Christianities 'suppression' of gays, they hate the 'sin' not the 'sinner'.

Uh huh. I'm sure all gay people are comforted that they're treated like crap by some groups of Christians not because they are hated but because a personal trait of theirs is hated.

Islam would just kill them and be done with it.

Some Muslims, yes. But how is "well, at least they don't tend to murder gays" a good excuse?

1. Do you disagree with any other parts, or the main premise of the thing, or do you just want to play semantics? They get that treatment because ti makes the pic 'work'. Just like they got thrown into the original, just to make it 'work'.

Besides the contradiction, the nonsense about Taoists and Pagans being statistically insignificant, and the obvious lie at the end? Sure. I disagree that pacifists would support Islam over Judaism. I disagree with the implication that all Muslims want to wipe out the other groups.

I disagree with its portrayal of Jews and Christians as nothing but victims. Notice the Jewish and Christian symbols take no specific blame ("All religions") for oppressing gays, but gays specifically get called out for being intolerant of them.

Someone that would flaunt that type of image obviously has disdain for people that don't have the same beliefs as their own. That person wouldn't seem to be very Christian according to the teaches of Jesus.

Edited by BigSqwert

there's no point fighting this fight - Alpha's views are the kind of views that are just plain hurtful to decent human interaction, and do nothing to move us forward. People like him haven't learned tolerance, even though we've gone through human rights upheavals time and time again with slavery/women/blacks/gays... people just don't learn because they're still scared of what they don't understand. Alpha's one of these people. No point trying to fight him, but you can sure as hell pity him.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
there's no point fighting this fight - Alpha's views are the kind of views that are just plain hurtful to decent human interaction, and do nothing to move us forward. People like him haven't learned tolerance, even though we've gone through human rights upheavals time and time again with slavery/women/blacks/gays... people just don't learn because they're still scared of what they don't understand. Alpha's one of these people. No point trying to fight him, but you can sure as hell pity him.

"He doesn't agree with what I think. He's an intolerant ass!"

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
2. Christianity isn't killing anyone (at least not in the last few decades), and the few people who HAVE done stuff in the name of Christianity (abortion clinic bombers, etc.) are not supported and celebrated by the masses for their actions. Don't have funds set aside to pay the families of abortion clinic bombers after they get caught. And despite Christianities 'suppression' of gays, they hate the 'sin' not the 'sinner'. Islam would just kill them and be done with it.

I would argue that in some ways the "condom" stance by the Roman Church has killed more than a few people particularly in Africa. (I.e. don't use them, they don't protect against AIDS. The current Pope has made statements as recently as 2009 saying that condoms would make the AIDS epidemic in Africa worse.)

No the abortion bombers/whatever aren't celebrated and cheered by most Christians (unless you count Yahoo! commenters), but I don't think terrorist actions are cheered by most Muslims either.

Oh, and Norway says hi.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
I would argue that in some ways the "condom" stance by the Roman Church has killed more than a few people particularly in Africa. (I.e. don't use them, they don't protect against AIDS. The current Pope has made statements as recently as 2009 saying that condoms would make the AIDS epidemic in Africa worse.)

A widespread myth in sub-Saharan Africa that sex with a virgin will cure AIDS hasn't helped much either.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
A widespread myth in sub-Saharan Africa that sex with a virgin will cure AIDS hasn't helped much either.

No, it hasn't. That doesn't minimize the fact that a moral authority is saying condoms don't slow (but actually worsen) the spread of AIDS.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
No, it hasn't. That doesn't minimize the fact that a moral authority is saying condoms don't stop the spread of AIDS.

Never said it did. I was just pointing out that there are a lot of horrid developments in that epidemic that have done nothing except make life unbearably worse for millions of people. Someone ought to use their moral authority to tell people that raping a child won't cure their pain and suffering, but instead, will only spread it to others.

The whole thing is f***ing sad.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
Never said it did. I was just pointing out that there are a lot of horrid developments in that epidemic that have done nothing except make life unbearably worse for millions of people. Someone ought to use their moral authority to tell people that raping a child won't cure their pain and suffering, but instead, will only spread it to others.

The whole thing is f***ing sad.

I can't help but think that all the humanitarian efforts/churches involved have passed that tidbit on.

It is tragic.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
No the abortion bombers/whatever aren't celebrated and cheered by most Christians (unless you count Yahoo! commenters), but I don't think terrorist actions are cheered by most Muslims either.

At what point does 'most' matter? If it is 20 million, but that is only 5%, does that make it ok? After 9-11 you saw mass cheering in Muslim communities around the world including here in the US. As for Yahoo commenters, they are 99% trolls anyway just looking for a fight.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
At what point does 'most' matter? If it is 20 million, but that is only 5%, does that make it ok? After 9-11 you saw mass cheering in Muslim communities around the world including here in the US. As for Yahoo commenters, they are 99% trolls anyway just looking for a fight.

Just because there are idiots out there that fall under one group doesn't mean you should blanket the whole group! Or should you start advocating that it's okay for liberals to think all teapartiers love Palin!!11!!

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)

Keep bowing down to the alter of multi-culturalism and your head will get chopped off. The group in question here I don;t like SUPPORTS slavery, treats women like property and kills gays. And you want to be nice to them. If there are so many 'main stream' muslims in this country, perhaps they should then rise up and take back their religion from all the fanatics.