Donnie Veal recalled, Pedro voted out

southsider2k5

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox

Prior to 2night’s game at Boston, the #WhiteSox recalled LHP Donnie Veal from Class AAA Charlotte.

Veal, who will wear uniform No. 46, is the 21st pitcher to appear on the Sox 25-man roster in 2012.

Veal has gone 6-3 with a 2.08 ERA & 53 strikeouts in 29 relief appearances w/ Charlotte this season, limiting opponents to a .230 average.

Veal takes the roster spot of LHP Pedro Hernandez, who was optioned to Charlotte following last night’s game.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
Christ, another AAA reliever with great numbers. I still think Leyson can cut it, but Donnie may actually give us another chance to find that LOOGY

Veal was the guy we signed in the off season I though had the best chance of making the team.

QUOTE (northside sawx @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 07:10 PM)
Rookie carousel continues.

Why Veal instead of Marinez?

I may be wrong but I don't think Veal is a rookie. I believe he has some big league experience. How effective he was is unknown

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
I may be wrong but I don't think Veal is a rookie. I believe he has some big league experience. How effective he was is unknown

He has a full year of MLB service time. He spent all of 2009 with the Pirates MLB team.