2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a bunch of stuff I'm looking forward to early in 2015. Will probably get at least 2 of Evolve, The Order 1886, Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat 10, maybe Dying Light. Hopefully Uncharted 4 comes out relatively soon.

Right now, still playing a ton of Destiny. I took a few weeks off, but some other people that will remain nameless dragged me back in. Eventually I have to get back to Shadow of Mordor (only about 10% done), Last of Us Remastered (played it a ton on PS3, so not high priority) and going to pick up GTAV at some point.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 2, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
There's a bunch of stuff I'm looking forward to early in 2015. Will probably get at least 2 of Evolve, The Order 1886, Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat 10, maybe Dying Light. Hopefully Uncharted 4 comes out relatively soon.

Right now, still playing a ton of Destiny. I took a few weeks off, but some other people that will remain nameless dragged me back in. Eventually I have to get back to Shadow of Mordor (only about 10% done), Last of Us Remastered (played it a ton on PS3, so not high priority) and going to pick up GTAV at some point.

If I were you, I would pick up GTAV at least a couple weeks before The Heists finally get released. You'll want to do some of the storyline, get used to the game, and then play online some because you have to be at least Level 12 online too do heists. Plus, you'll want online money to buy a nice enough apartment so you can host the heists.

Also, GTAV is just an overall amazing game, so just get it soon for that reason.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 2, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
If I were you, I would pick up GTAV at least a couple weeks before The Heists finally get released. You'll want to do some of the storyline, get used to the game, and then play online some because you have to be at least Level 12 online too do heists. Plus, you'll want online money to buy a nice enough apartment so you can host the heists.

Also, GTAV is just an overall amazing game, so just get it soon for that reason.

I played it a fair amount on the PS3 (I think about 30% completion), so I'd rather not pay $50 or $60 for it again. Once there's an actual release date on heists, I may make it a higher priority. They've been "coming" for over a year though.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 2, 2015 -> 08:40 PM)
I played it a fair amount on the PS3 (I think about 30% completion), so I'd rather not pay $50 or $60 for it again. Once there's an actual release date on heists, I may make it a higher priority. They've been "coming" for over a year though.

Oh yeah, then I wouldn't bother buying it again. I'm just going to bust out my PS3 once the heists come out.

Maybe you haven't seen it yet, but they released a pretty awesome trailer for the heists like a week or two ago, with a release of "early 2015". Obviously vague, but the fact that they showed so much footage and have detailed in interviews how it all works, I'm fairly certain it's near completion. Now does "Early 2015" mean Valentines day or Easter? Who knows.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 3, 2015 -> 02:42 AM)
Oh yeah, then I wouldn't bother buying it again. I'm just going to bust out my PS3 once the heists come out.

Maybe you haven't seen it yet, but they released a pretty awesome trailer for the heists like a week or two ago, with a release of "early 2015". Obviously vague, but the fact that they showed so much footage and have detailed in interviews how it all works, I'm fairly certain it's near completion. Now does "Early 2015" mean Valentines day or Easter? Who knows.

Heist are only for next gen I believe.

Finally picked it up for PS4 and have been playing it like crazy. I had it for ps3 but midway through the storyline I just kind of stopped playing it and never went back.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 3, 2015 -> 02:53 AM)
Heist are only for next gen I believe.

Finally picked it up for PS4 and have been playing it like crazy. I had it for ps3 but midway through the storyline I just kind of stopped playing it and never went back.

Nope, just looked it up, Heists are for all versions of GTAV. Apparently some code on the game has leaked and it points to a Jan. 27th release.

My 4 year old all the sudden really got into his 3DS and we have been tag teaming Paper Mario Sticker Star. He has really caught on quick, although he has a tendency to burn all the good weapons at inappropriate times, which means he comes back to me asking me to fix it

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 3, 2015 -> 02:18 AM)
Just got this, do you focus on My Player or Franchise more? I got a whole week by myself coming up next week and I am ready to play a lot of PS4

Franchise. I don't care about fake player stuff. Gimme the Bulls, because they're amazing in real life and in that game. Butler's at like 25.5 ppg for me and I no longer focus on padding Rose's stats, which makes for a more realistic and fun game.

Oh, and I shut injuries off.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 3, 2015 -> 03:00 AM)
Nope, just looked it up, Heists are for all versions of GTAV. Apparently some code on the game has leaked and it points to a Jan. 27th release.

Well then, I guess I know what I'm picking up today. Thanks for the heads up.

Zoom, just get it. Let's resurrect our Bulls clan.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 2, 2015 -> 08:07 AM)
Any games on your "To Do" list this year?

Evolve. No Man's Sky.

Probably gonna pick up one of last year's big games that I missed (Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4) once I feel like the discount is big enough.

FIFA and GTA V were in heavy rotation during my 2 week holiday break from work. I can't believe how entertaining they made this GTA. The 3 character setup is an amazing edition.

Now back to my regularly scheduled 2 hours/week that I can squeeze in.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 07:54 AM)
Franchise. I don't care about fake player stuff. Gimme the Bulls, because they're amazing in real life and in that game. Butler's at like 25.5 ppg for me and I no longer focus on padding Rose's stats, which makes for a more realistic and fun game.

Oh, and I shut injuries off.

:unsure:

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 10:43 AM)
FIFA and GTA V were in heavy rotation during my 2 week holiday break from work. I can't believe how entertaining they made this GTA. The 3 character setup is an amazing edition.

Now back to my regularly scheduled 2 hours/week that I can squeeze in.

Im still stuck where there is nothing for me to do except this stupid shooting aliens mission.

has anyone gotten 100 percent completion on GTA and gone to the mountain to see the UFO? IGN has a big breakdown on the theories, its pretty cool to see the developer throw in a mystery like that. It seems like they are waiting to install DLC that is going to bring a lot more of the story out.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 11:46 AM)
:unsure:

The gameplay is more realistic.

I'm not playing a videogame to find out that one of my favorite players broke his ankle in a game I play to have fun. There should be a way to shut off severe injuries. I love tinkering with the rotations for a two week stretch or whatever, but when Joakim Noah breaks his leg in a videogame and I am stuck playing another 60 games of that season just because? A-no thank you.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)
The gameplay is more realistic.

I'm not playing a videogame to find out that one of my favorite players broke his ankle in a game I play to have fun. There should be a way to shut off severe injuries. I love tinkering with the rotations for a two week stretch or whatever, but when Joakim Noah breaks his leg in a videogame and I am stuck playing another 60 games of that season just because? A-no thank you.

Lol, no I get you. I do the same thing.