Ten Year Members

Texsox

With all the ten year stuff that is being shown, I thought of soxtalk and the members who have been around then. I remember the angst that was September and my thoughts that the team needed to be tested. I remember Rally Crede and most of all the call from Kap when it was finally over and the team was celebrating.

What causes people to leave sites like these and never come back? I don't post often, but I have been on soxtalk almost everyday for the last 10 years or so. As a sox fan not in the Chicago area this is easily the best way for me to stay in touch with how other sox fans react to moves the team makes and how the season is going. I love the minor league aspect of the board as well. It's just very weird to me that some members that used to post daily just stop being a part of the message board completely.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
What causes people to leave sites like these and never come back? I don't post often, but I have been on soxtalk almost everyday for the last 10 years or so. As a sox fan not in the Chicago area this is easily the best way for me to stay in touch with how other sox fans react to moves the team makes and how the season is going. I love the minor league aspect of the board as well. It's just very weird to me that some members that used to post daily just stop being a part of the message board completely.

Usually life gets in the way. New responsibilities. New interests.

After 2005, I felt like the Sox had accomplished everything I'd ever wanted...and if I'm being perfectly honest, baseball lost a lot of it's sheen to me. At the time it was my favorite sport, and after it happened, I felt like it was over.

Both Hockey and Football rank above baseball for me now...and they weren't even in the running prior to 2005.

Post 05, I've hardly posted in the actual baseball forums, and almost exclusively posted in Slam...I just don't care anymore. Win or lose, I have just as much fun these days.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
After 2005, I felt like the Sox had accomplished everything I'd ever wanted...and if I'm being perfectly honest, baseball lost a lot of it's sheen to me. At the time it was my favorite sport, and after it happened, I felt like it was over.

Both Hockey and Football rank above baseball for me now...and they weren't even in the running prior to 2005.

Post 05, I've hardly posted in the actual baseball forums, and almost exclusively posted in Slam...I just don't care anymore. Win or lose, I have just as much fun these days.

I'm also in a bit of a malaise and indifference.

Frank is gone. Paulie is gone. Buehrle is gone.

Sale and Abreu don't really have the same affect on me as past players did.

I guess that I'm getting old.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
I'm also in a bit of a malaise and indifference.

Frank is gone. Paulie is gone. Buehrle is gone.

Sale and Abreu don't really have the same affect on me as past players did.

I guess that I'm getting old.

It's the realization that it was the peak of baseball for us...we were all at the perfect age to have an amazing time through the 05 run...AND, you will likely never see a team as dominating again.

Wire to wire.

4 complete games in the ALCS.

Timely hitting throughout.

11-1.

World series.

Even if another team goes far, odds are you never see anything like the 05 Sox again. AND they were beating actual names...it's not like they outpitched a bunch of young kids nobody's ever heard of...

It's like how the Jordan Bulls were crushing superstar hall of famers instead of a bunch of over the hill has-beens or never was types like Miami did.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
It's the realization that it was the peak of baseball for us...we were all at the perfect age to have an amazing time through the 05 run...AND, you will likely never see a team as dominating again.

Wire to wire.

4 complete games in the ALCS.

Timely hitting throughout.

11-1.

World series.

Even if another team goes far, odds are you never see anything like the 05 Sox again. AND they were beating actual names...it's not like they outpitched a bunch of young kids nobody's ever heard of...

It's like how the Jordan Bulls were crushing superstar hall of famers instead of a bunch of over the hill has-beens or never was types like Miami did.

The 72 win Bulls team has made me passive as well.

Rose and company are a pale replacement.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 11:31 AM)
I've been meaning to ask, what happened to Kap and Scenario?

I used to work with Kap on websites a long time ago, and Scenario was my moderator on the Scout White Sox site before coming here. I miss seeing them around.

Kap I know is really busy with work and family. I still talk to him regularly off line.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
.... What was chat crew? And if it was so great, why is it gone?

We had a chat page that everyone could access. Lets just say it was fun and innappropriate and thats why we loved it and why it is gone

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
.... What was chat crew? And if it was so great, why is it gone?

Instead of game threads, soxtalk hosted an irc chat you could use. Although it often went wildly, wildly off-topic and became less and less about the games and more about other stuff.

Wonder what Katie is up these days

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 12:13 PM)
We had a chat page that everyone could access. Lets just say it was fun and innappropriate and thats why we loved it and why it is gone

Wonder how many kids Katie has popped out by now. I wonder if any of them are named Ben.

Edited by southsideirish71