9/14 vs Minnesota Twins

flavum

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
Given what Noesi has done after not being prepared as a starter, I'm really happy. I'm excited to see what he can do with an offseason of rest and preparation for a starter's workload.

2nd in the majors in home runs allowed...if he's anything higher than the 5th starter heading into next year, I'll be concerned

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 02:39 PM)
It's frustrating they seem to be platooning Semien. Given the adjustment period he's had at new levels, they should be getting him as many at bats as possible.

Maybe the Sox just don't see him as a long-term fixture anywhere and are trying to max his trade value by putting him in optimal scenarios. Maybe they see a flaw but he sure seems like he has passed the test of the minor leagues.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 03:24 PM)
2nd in the majors in home runs allowed...if he's anything higher than the 5th starter heading into next year, I'll be concerned

His HR rate is a lot higher than any minor league stop, which along with his weird trajectory this (and other) years gives me some optimism that he might improve there next year. He's not a ground ball pitcher for sure though, which appears contrary to Hahn's goals. I don't think I or anyone else has him penciled in as a frontline guy, but he's certainly earned some spot in the rotation. I don't care what number it is.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
How bad must the pitching in AAA be for Andy Wilkins to be as good as he was?

There seems to be some Bryan LaHare in him

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
Give it two years, he'll be in Japan hopefully making good money

See above

I can't figure out whether the Sox really like Sanchez more than Semien or if something else is going on - like they think they need to see Sanchez up close to decide if he's worth a shot next year and have already decided Semien will be up next year. I have to say, though, that would be some odd logic

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 03:19 PM)
I can't figure out whether the Sox really like Sanchez more than Semien or if something else is going on - like they think they need to see Sanchez up close to decide if he's worth a shot next year and have already decided Semien will be up next year. I have to say, though, that would be some odd logic

I hope they are just showcasing Sanchez for a trade.