2017 Offseason White Sox News, Notes, and Tweets thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago White Sox @whitesox

7s

Prior to today’s series finale vs. Detroit, the #WhiteSox placed RHP Jake Petricka on the 10-day disabled list.

7s

Replying to @whitesox

The #WhiteSox have recalled right-hander Tommy Kahnle from Class AAA Charlotte.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 09:31 AM)

7s

Prior to today’s series finale vs. Detroit, the #WhiteSox placed RHP Jake Petricka on the 10-day disabled list.

7s

Replying to @whitesox

The #WhiteSox have recalled right-hander Tommy Kahnle from Class AAA Charlotte.

Forgot what thread I posted this in, but this guy just does not excite me at all.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 09:39 AM)
strained lat apparently

MLBRosterMoves @MLBRosterMoves

now

.@whitesox place RHP Jake Petricka (strained right lat) on 10-day DL, retro to 4/5.

Isn't that a good thing?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 09:47 AM)
I might have interest in Clayton Blackburn if I was the Sox. He was DFAed by the Giants yesterday.

He is receiving trade interest so we will see. He likely wouldn't make it to us if that is the case if the idea is to wait to claim if since another team in the NL likely would.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 15, 2017 -> 06:09 AM)
It's psychotic that we're seeing numbers like this all without Rodon.

Even though the starters have been very good, the relievers have not gotten lit up at all yet. Nobody's had the outing from hell that skyrockets individual and team ERAs this time of year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 07:55 PM)
ChicagoSports‏Verified account @ChicagoSports 19h19 hours ago Jacob May takes 'deep breath' while seeking first White Sox hit http://trib.in/2onvSPo via @ChiTribKane

You have to feel sorry for Jacob. Appears to be over matched, but we have nobody in the farm system, who can step in for the CF job. Leury hasn't done bad, but I can't see him as the everyday starting CF'er. Ity will be a major celebration when that first hit comes for Jacob. In the meantime you have to be patient until you can't be anymore. It's not like we don't have several dark holes in the line up right now so it's just not May's fault

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 01:00 PM)
You have to feel sorry for Jacob. Appears to be over matched, but we have nobody in the farm system, who can step in for the CF job. Leury hasn't done bad, but I can't see him as the everyday starting CF'er. Ity will be a major celebration when that first hit comes for Jacob. In the meantime you have to be patient until you can't be anymore. It's not like we don't have several dark holes in the line up right now so it's just not May's fault

If the Sox were willing to try May they could just as easily try Engel. At least the defense will still be good. Leury has ran down some fly balls but has misplayed 2 I've seen that were rolling or bouncing.