2018 Music thread

Kyyle23

• 1 month later...

Justin Timberlake's new album, "Man of the Woods" is out today and is available to stream for free for Amazon Prime Members. I must still be trying to compare everything he does to "Future Sex Love Sounds" that came out 11 years ago (which for me was the best album ever made). But man, this new one feels pretty bad. I had confidence he could pull off this rustic feel he was going for, but...nope.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Feb 1, 2018 -> 11:16 PM)
Justin Timberlake's new album, "Man of the Woods" is out today and is available to stream for free for Amazon Prime Members. I must still be trying to compare everything he does to "Future Sex Love Sounds" that came out 11 years ago (which for me was the best album ever made). But man, this new one feels pretty bad. I had confidence he could pull off this rustic feel he was going for, but...nope.

Did you give it a few more listens?

I didn’t love it upon first listen, but I kept with it, and now I think it’s brilliant.

This is one of the best albums I’ve heard in a long time. Right up there with Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories and The Weeknd’s Beauty Behind the Madness as maybe my top 3 albums of the last 5 years.

I honestly don’t love Filthy, or even Say Something (with Stapleton)...the first half of the album is actually not the best half, in my opinion, although the title track and Higher Higher are among my favorites (I think Higher Higher is right up there with The Weeknd’s I Feel It Coming as my favorite song of the last 2-3 years). But the second half, starting with Flannel and running through The Hard Stuff is f***ing incredible. Montana, Breeze Off the Pond, Livin’ Off the Land and the Hard Stuff is in my opinion, one of the better 4 song sequences I have ever heard on a non-greatest hits album.

I would not even consider myself a big JT fan, but this is IMHO, brilliant, brilliant work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 12:18 PM)
While we were away the Loop went out of business.

That was a tad depressing as the Loop was awesome back in the day.

Loop, Q101, The Blaze, The station Stern was on. 105.9?

Sad.

Just checking in to make sure I'm old as s***....Check!!!

Carry on with whatever music this is...Justin effing Timberlake?

As for me?

Beatles

bad Religion

Rush

Cure

Chuck Berry

Metallica

Slayer

REM

U2

Killing Joke

Clapton/Cream/Yardbirds

Hendrix

Who

Buddy Holly

Louis Jordan

Live

Rise Against

Depeche Mode

Simon and Garfunkel

Dream Theater

Skid Row

Boston

10 Years After

Dylan

A.F.I.

C.O.C

C,S, N (and sometimes Y)

C.C.R.

S.T.

D.R.I.

The Clash

Janis Joplin

Hollies

Bullet for my Valinetine

among many others

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 12:18 PM)
While we were away the Loop went out of business.

That was a tad depressing as the Loop was awesome back in the day.

Nooooo.

I have to find my Loop Rocks album, and stare at a picture of http://www.wlup.com/rockgirl/lorelei/

They are still streaming, just not over the air

Let’s get Jaked and blow lunch.

QUOTE (haiduk @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 06:48 PM)
Not my usual thing but this is well done. Good musicianship, good guitar melodies.

Any metal fans here? Check out Haiduk

Haiduk - "Sarxas"

Haiduk - "Nergion"

\m/

Thank you for the compliments. We definitely have different tastes. Haiduk is quite heavy for my ear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Brian said:

At the risk of sounding old, Damn that Foo show Monday was long. Had a blast but my legs were killing me from standing for 5 hours. 2 openers was probably too much.

Now get off my lawn.

I was at the Sunday show and thought it went by pretty fast.  However, I skipped out on the openers and got there just before the Foo Fighters went on.  

By the way....getting out of Wrigley sucked.  We were in the 500 section for this show, and it took us probably a good half hour to get out of the stadium.  Also, the stairs in the 500 section are horrible.  

1 hour ago, smalls2598 said:

I was at the Sunday show and thought it went by pretty fast.  However, I skipped out on the openers and got there just before the Foo Fighters went on.  

By the way....getting out of Wrigley sucked.  We were in the 500 section for this show, and it took us probably a good half hour to get out of the stadium.  Also, the stairs in the 500 section are horrible.  

We were GA and got right out. On red line home in 10 mins