Carlos Quentin has retired

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Man. 2008 was such a special year. Crazy that he has walked away from it all at 32.

As special as he made it, he also unraveled it. That guy was truly his own worst enemy

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Man. 2008 was such a special year. Crazy that he has walked away from it all at 32.

He can barely walk, and even if that ever improves, he will just get hurt again. What is weird is I don't think he missed much time, if any, as a result of HBP, something he did more than most.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 1, 2015 -> 12:40 PM)
As special as he made it, he also unraveled it. That guy was truly his own worst enemy

Perhaps true but that bat-slap-of-the-wrist was so damn innocuous. Yeah, he was wound kind of tight. But players have inflicted less on themselves with more tightly-wound moments than that one. Bad luck.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)

Still can't get mad at him for that. It was an unfortunate consequence of being such a competitor.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
Perhaps true but that bat-slap-of-the-wrist was so damn innocuous. Yeah, he was wound kind of tight. But players have inflicted less on themselves with more tightly-wound moments than that one. Bad luck.

Yea, I believe the rumor that he punched a locker/wall.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)

Probably cost him an MVP trophy

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
Still can't get mad at him for that. It was an unfortunate consequence of being such a competitor.

I just feel sad when I see TCQ and what injuries did to him.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 1, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
Either way, I'm not going to blame the guy for what has happened to him. He may have self-inflicted one injury, but it's not his hand that forced him into retirement.

No, it didn't force him into retirement, but it derailed the 2008 season, which was my point