Game 2: Saturday 10/08 7:00 CT (MLBN) @CHC - TBA vs. Hendricks

Game 3: Monday 10/10 8:30 CT (FS1) @SF - Arrieta vs. Bumgarner

Game 4: Tuesday 10/11 7:30 CT (FS1) @SF - Lackey vs TBA

Game 5: Thursday 10/13 7:30 CT (FS1) @ CHC

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A matchup with the Giants in the first round is a nightmare scenario for the Cubs. I think the Giants match up better with the Cubs than any other team in the NL. Cueto twice, Moore, and possibly Bumgarner twice if he goes on short rest in game 5. Cubs roster has a career OPS of 525 vs. Cueto and 597 vs. Bumgarner. Giants roster hasn't had much more success against Cubs starters either but in a tight low scoring game anything can happen. Not saying they are a lock to win the pennant but I think the 10:1 line on the Giants advancing to the World Series is the best bet in Vegas right now. We'll see if they can first get past Syndergaard tonight.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
Mets will win and blown their only starter in the process and then get swept by the cub.

Giants are the favorite and I would go as far as saying a lock if the game were in SF but with the game in NYC it's a toss up. Bumgarner has been much more effective at home than on the road this season. Syndergaard has been slightly more effective on the road than at home so it should be interesting.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
Giants have no chance. It will be a sweep as a matter of fact. San Fran does not have the team. Anemic lineup. Cubs have bruisers. Cubs roll. Sweep.

I can't imagine this is possible with that game 3 matchup of Little Game Jake Arrieta and October Massacre Madison Bumgarner facing off.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
Giants have no chance. It will be a sweep as a matter of fact. San Fran does not have the team. Anemic lineup. Cubs have bruisers. Cubs roll. Sweep.

Please Greg. PLEASE BET YOUR HOUSE.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 12:21 AM)
I can't imagine this is possible with that game 3 matchup of Little Game Jake Arrieta and October Massacre Madison Bumgarner facing off.

This series goes at least 4 games, strictly because of Bumgarner.