Predict Thy Numbers: Avisail Garcia

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 14, 2017 -> 11:48 AM)
.000/.000/.000

I was leaning the non-tender way too, but with Coats gone I just don't know. Right now, Melky & Tilson (if healthy) are the only guarantees. Engel & May probably need more time in AAA regardless of how they look in spring training. Willy Garcia sucks so I'd be shocked if he made the team. That leaves two available spots between Liriano, Asche, & Avi Garcia. My guess is that Liriano & Avi win those spots. I can't think of anyone else that I'm missing. Leury Garcia could be in the OF mix as well, but I think he only makes the team as a super-sub type (and theoretical 5th OF). At this point, I think it's more and more likely that Avi Garcia is on our 25 man roster come opending day.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

A lot of projections have Asche as the DH, Avi in RF and Tilson in CF. Lawrie over Saladino at 2B, presumably to trade him if he makes it into the regular season.

Fwiw.

It seems that Asche, Liriano, Avi and Davidson are fighting it out for two and potentially three spots depending on whether they want to go with Leury Garcia as the 25th man.

Asche's 689 ops in the NL East...guess we'll find out how he fares against the AL soon enough.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 07:08 AM)
I was leaning the non-tender way too, but with Coats gone I just don't know. Right now, Melky & Tilson (if healthy) are the only guarantees. Engel & May probably need more time in AAA regardless of how they look in spring training. Willy Garcia sucks so I'd be shocked if he made the team. That leaves two available spots between Liriano, Asche, & Avi Garcia. My guess is that Liriano & Avi win those spots. I can't think of anyone else that I'm missing. Leury Garcia could be in the OF mix as well, but I think he only makes the team as a super-sub type (and theoretical 5th OF). At this point, I think it's more and more likely that Avi Garcia is on our 25 man roster come opending day.

Could not agree more with your post. It sucks to say this but I feel Avi wins a spot by default due to the lack of talent from his competition in ST. Interesting thought is that Ashe is a LHB which could give him a leg up and force a RHB competition between Willy, Liriano and Avi to which I would expect Avi wins.

Would love to see Willy go to ST and steal the show for Sox outfielders but looking at his numbers reminds me too much of Tank so I keep pretty low expectations, like almost none. Even if he had a mosterous ST it would probably take an epic failure from Avi for Willy to make the team.