Predict Thy Numbers: Tyler Saladino

hi8is

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 06:13 PM)
.264/.324/.423

11 HR's, 52 RBI's, 17 SB's, 2.4 WAR

That's a .747 OPS. Todd Frazier put up a .766 OPS last year at 3b while being a poor baserunner and fielder. If Saladino puts up those kind of numbers at 3b or 2b, that's a path towards a 4 WAR season unless he only plays 2/3 of the season. If he hits 11 HR in 2/3 of a season that's one impressive power surge for him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 05:43 PM)
That's a .747 OPS. Todd Frazier put up a .766 OPS last year at 3b while being a poor baserunner and fielder. If Saladino puts up those kind of numbers at 3b or 2b, that's a path towards a 4 WAR season unless he only plays 2/3 of the season. If he hits 11 HR in 2/3 of a season that's one impressive power surge for him.

Saladino had a .725 OPS with 8 homers, 11 SB's, and a 1.8 WAR last year in just 93 games.

I think my prediction is realistic, especially if he plays a full season while being entirely healthy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 05:43 PM)

Wasn't Saladino on track to have one of the best defensive seasons ever at 3B his rookie year?

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 06:47 PM)
Would love to see Saladino get the nod at second. Prefer to keep Saladino but his over all game and years of control could have some interesting trade value if he hits well.

With Moncada knocking on the door, there's no way Saladino gets second if they long term plans for him.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 06:54 PM)
With Moncada knocking on the door, there's no way Saladino gets second if they long term plans for him.

That's the beauty of having a guy like Saladino is his versatility. He can man second until Moncada is ready. Not like Saladino will inhibit Moncada's eventual call up. ;)

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 07:03 PM)
That's the beauty of having a guy like Saladino is his versatility. He can man second until Moncada is ready. Not like Saladino will inhibit Moncada's eventual call up. ;)

That's what I would do. Give him two months at 2B and then reevaluate. Frazier should not be on this team come August, so worst case scenario you rotate Saladino around the field for 1 or 2 months until 3B opens up.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 08:20 PM)
Saladino had a .725 OPS with 8 homers, 11 SB's, and a 1.8 WAR last year in just 93 games.

I think my prediction is realistic, especially if he plays a full season while being entirely healthy.

At the very least, if he put up the OPS numbers and SB numbers you gave, his WAR would be far higher. It doesn't add up.