> President Donald Trump: The Thread, Making America Great Again
brett05
post Today, 12:23 PM
Post #1801

Winston-Salem (High A)

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,210

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 11:33 AM) *
He hasn't (yet?), but by stoking these flames it's definitely creating a dangerous atmosphere. Journalists have been threatened at his rallies. I had students threatened last semester at the GOP watch party.

Probably done by the paid liberals
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GoSox05
post Today, 12:27 PM
Post #1802

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 12:23 PM) *

It was actually me. George Soros pays me 10 million dollars to pretend to be a Trump supporter and harass journalists.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Today, 12:30 PM
Post #1803

Minor League Manager

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,753

Nah. By older Republicans that went to Christian colleges like you.

+Quote Post
raBBit
post Today, 12:31 PM
Post #1804

Hall of Famer

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 9,043

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 12:16 PM) *
Cause it's conspiracy theory nonsense.

Greenwald has said many times that he lives in Brazil because his husband lives there. He's not in exile.

Breitbart had a history of heart problems and drug/alcohol abuse. No one killed him.

Dinesh D'Souza is a crook and that's why he went to jail.

I notice you didn't broach any of my direct complaints towards the Obama's administration activity. Safe to assume you agree there?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81mJ8i0jkQ
Greenwald speaking on his rights and Obama's administration threats being the hold up to him returning to the US.

I never said anyone killed Breitbart. Breitbart had no drugs in his system when he died. Not sure of the relevance of the drugs/alcohol you brought up other than to malign his character.

Yeah, he's a crook for donating to a friend in a way that was outside of the technical campaign law. Perhaps he should have done his research and had his friend speak at an event and just paid her charity the money. He didn't do that so he was held to the law. It's just curious that this is the only time we hear of a mainstream figure being guilty of campaign contribution fraud. D'Souza was a victim of selective enforcement. Anybody who is free of any stringent ideological affiliations can see that. I don't like the guy either, though I respect his immigration and perspective on his immigration, but I am able to see past his politics to see that he was selectively held to the law in a crony capitalism system that is infested with bulls*** financing.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/m...-dinesh-dsouza/
"The senators quoted Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz, a liberal who said, “I can’t help but think that [Mr. D'Souza‘s] politics have something to do with it… . It smacks of selective prosecution.”"

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Today, 12:40 PM
Post #1805

Minor League Manager

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,753

<!--quoteo(post=3484166:date=Feb 20, 2017 -> 12:01 PM:name=raBBit)-->
QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 12:01 PM) *
<!--quotec-->Okay. I am less concerned with the testimonial stuff and more concerned with palpable action.

Kinda reminds of this Spongebob episode with people freaking out about stuff Trump hasn't even done yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8f6pE69k0.

The media and the treatment of journalists is a very important issue to me too and especially since the media has basically lost all of its journalistic roots. I was very much upset with President Obama's treatment of the media. Whether you're on the left or the right President Obama went after journalists on both sides. If you're on the left - Glenn Greenwald got pushed out to Brazil and they held his boyfriend captive for a while. Laura Poitras got pushed out to Germany. Michael Hastings was investigated by the FBI up until the day he died. If you're on the right, Andrew Breitbart and his coroner ended up dead shortly after he attacked Obama. Dnesh Dzsousa (spelling? I don't know him much) was subjected to specific enforcement of campaign law because of his opposition to Pres. Obama.

President Obama used the Espionage Act more than all other Presidents combined.

The Committee to Protect Journalists called Pres. Obama's administration "the most aggressive" since Nixon's admin.

If you don't like Trump's rhetoric, that's fine, and I would never defend it anyways. But the fact that you're preemptively attacking for Trump for something he hasn't even done is a bit confusing. Especially when all of my complaints towards Pres. Obama's admin against the press were disputed heavily around here. If we're all being honest, if Trump and Sessions actually wanted to restrict the media (which remains to be seen), Pres. Obama's administration has laid the groundwork for them. Hell, for the sake of continuity, if it was their plan to restrict the media, the best course of action would be to adopt the Obama administration's policy from the go.[/quote]

I'm attacking him for calling the "media" the enemy of the people and constantly undermining us. Every single organization, other than Fox News. It's led to a number of death threats for run-of-the-mill reporters.

Journalism hasn't lost its roots. The pundits on the networks, maybe. But the Post, Times and even Teen Vogue are on a roll journalistically.

Poitras is in NYC and is a star in the documentary world right now. She's come to Mizzou twice in the past two years. I'm a fan of Poitras.

Greenwald, possibly. But we've debated this in the past. Greenwald is also someone that has possibly been "losing his roots" so that he can just attack any establishment, to the point where he'll go on Tucker Carlson and circlejerk their hate of the "mainstream media."

Breitbart, that's a conspiracy theory.

Obama wasn't great to journalists, that's true, but he never called us enemies of the people and tried to get the public against us.

Hell, Fox News is preferring Obama to Trump in this case.

+Quote Post
GoSox05
post Today, 12:45 PM
Post #1806

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 12:31 PM) *
I notice you didn't broach any of my direct complaints towards the Obama's administration activity. Safe to assume you agree there?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81mJ8i0jkQ
Greenwald speaking on his rights and Obama's administration threats being the hold up to him returning to the US.

I never said anyone killed Breitbart. Breitbart had no drugs in his system when he died. Not sure of the relevance of the drugs/alcohol you brought up other than to malign his character.

Yeah, he's a crook for donating to a friend in a way that was outside of the technical campaign law. Perhaps he should have done his research and had his friend speak at an event and just paid her charity the money. He didn't do that so he was held to the law. It's just curious that this is the only time we hear of a mainstream figure being guilty of campaign contribution fraud. D'Souza was a victim of selective enforcement. Anybody who is free of any stringent ideological affiliations can see that. I don't like the guy either, though I respect his immigration and perspective on his immigration, but I am able to see past his politics to see that he was selectively held to the law in a crony capitalism system that is infested with bulls*** financing.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/m...-dinesh-dsouza/
"The senators quoted Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz, a liberal who said, “I can’t help but think that [Mr. D'Souza‘s] politics have something to do with it… . It smacks of selective prosecution.”"

I wasn't criticizing that stuff about Obama. That is true and is probably going to be 10x worse under Trump.

I just think you can criticize things that administrations are doing to the media/journalists without going down the conspiracy theory road.

+Quote Post
Soxbadger
post Today, 12:50 PM
Post #1807

Minor League Manager

Member No.: 14

I do it for the lulz.

+Quote Post
raBBit
post Today, 01:04 PM
Post #1808

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 12:45 PM) *
I wasn't criticizing that stuff about Obama. That is true and is probably going to be 10x worse under Trump.

I just think you can criticize things that administrations are doing to the media/journalists without going down the conspiracy theory road.

You couldn't substantiate the claim that it was conspiratorial but I totally agree otherwise. I don't know if you partake in it but kind of funny to see someone nitpick into something being conspiracy when this board regularly partakes on that stuff. For instance, Trump is going to be 10x worse on the treatment of journalists than the worst president ever in that regard. I'd love to see you see substantiate that one.

+Quote Post
Soxbadger
post Today, 01:09 PM
Post #1809

Minor League Manager

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 01:04 PM) *
You couldn't substantiate the claim that it was conspiratorial but I totally agree otherwise. I don't know if you partake in it but kind of funny to see someone nitpick into something being conspiracy when this board regularly partakes on that stuff. For instance, Trump is going to be 10x worse on the treatment of journalists than the worst president ever in that regard. I'd love to see you see substantiate that one.

There is a difference between a prediction and a conspiracy theory.

A prediction is guessing at what is going to happen: "I think the Sox will win 162 games this year."

A conspiracy theory tries to explain something that has happened in the past: "I think that Donald Trump paid the Indians to lose game 7."

+Quote Post
GoSox05
post Today, 01:33 PM
Post #1810

Hall of Famer

Yeah, it would be crazy to predict that the guy who calls the media "the enemy of the American people" will probably be bad towards journalism.

+Quote Post
raBBit
post Today, 01:48 PM
Post #1811

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 12:40 PM) *
<!--quoteo(post=3484166:date=Feb 20, 2017 -> 12:01 PM:name=raBBit)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 12:01 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Okay. I am less concerned with the testimonial stuff and more concerned with palpable action.

Kinda reminds of this Spongebob episode with people freaking out about stuff Trump hasn't even done yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8f6pE69k0.

The media and the treatment of journalists is a very important issue to me too and especially since the media has basically lost all of its journalistic roots. I was very much upset with President Obama's treatment of the media. Whether you're on the left or the right President Obama went after journalists on both sides. If you're on the left - Glenn Greenwald got pushed out to Brazil and they held his boyfriend captive for a while. Laura Poitras got pushed out to Germany. Michael Hastings was investigated by the FBI up until the day he died. If you're on the right, Andrew Breitbart and his coroner ended up dead shortly after he attacked Obama. Dnesh Dzsousa (spelling? I don't know him much) was subjected to specific enforcement of campaign law because of his opposition to Pres. Obama.

President Obama used the Espionage Act more than all other Presidents combined.

The Committee to Protect Journalists called Pres. Obama's administration "the most aggressive" since Nixon's admin.

If you don't like Trump's rhetoric, that's fine, and I would never defend it anyways. But the fact that you're preemptively attacking for Trump for something he hasn't even done is a bit confusing. Especially when all of my complaints towards Pres. Obama's admin against the press were disputed heavily around here. If we're all being honest, if Trump and Sessions actually wanted to restrict the media (which remains to be seen), Pres. Obama's administration has laid the groundwork for them. Hell, for the sake of continuity, if it was their plan to restrict the media, the best course of action would be to adopt the Obama administration's policy from the go.

I'm attacking him for calling the "media" the enemy of the people and constantly undermining us. Every single organization, other than Fox News. It's led to a number of death threats for run-of-the-mill reporters.

Journalism hasn't lost its roots. The pundits on the networks, maybe. But the Post, Times and even Teen Vogue are on a roll journalistically.

Poitras is in NYC and is a star in the documentary world right now. She's come to Mizzou twice in the past two years. I'm a fan of Poitras.

Greenwald, possibly. But we've debated this in the past. Greenwald is also someone that has possibly been "losing his roots" so that he can just attack any establishment, to the point where he'll go on Tucker Carlson and circlejerk their hate of the "mainstream media."

Breitbart, that's a conspiracy theory.

Obama wasn't great to journalists, that's true, but he never called us enemies of the people and tried to get the public against us.

Hell, Fox News is preferring Obama to Trump in this case.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L5RRUZynq80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am not sure what happened with this post but I can't read it on mobile.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 01:33 PM) *
Yeah, it would be crazy to predict that the guy who calls the media "the enemy of the American people" will probably be bad towards journalism.

If you trust the corporate media so be it. IMO, they're closer to an enemy than a friend to the American people.

+Quote Post

121 Pages V  « < 119 120 121
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Rowand44

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2017 - 02:18 PM