Sox v Phils 8/24 guaranteed game thread

bmags

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 07:08 PM)
Over/under on Shields runs allowed tonight? I'll say +/- 5.5 and go with the over.

Winning this series handily would make it nearly impossible for the White Sox to wind up with a protected pick (if there is such a thing next year after CBA negotiations). Ergo, Shields having a strong start slightly hurts the White Sox, long term, if you consider them to be out of the race this year.

1 run, 7.1 innings. Followed by an implosion next time out just to make it clear.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
Winning this series handily would make it nearly impossible for the White Sox to wind up with a protected pick (if there is such a thing next year after CBA negotiations). Ergo, Shields having a strong start slightly hurts the White Sox, long term, if you consider them to be out of the race this year.

1 run, 7.1 innings. Followed by an implosion next time out just to make it clear.

Protected pick makes it more likely they sign a stupid player.

Inning over.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)

Always bet on black unless James shields is wearing black then bet on red

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 01:39 AM)
Shields just doesn't have it anymore. 45 pitches in 2 innings, 2 runs allowed. Looks like he has confidence, and this is one of the worst offenses in the majors

He's just done

His velocity isn't even bad. To me his changeup sucks now, and that was always his best pitch

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 07:41 PM)
His velocity isn't even bad. To me his changeup sucks now, and that was always his best pitch

He also just seems to have no idea where his pitches will end up. They are guaranteed to end up as a ball or in the stands as a souvenir which will rate as a great day for a lucky fan

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)

Yeah, all his offspeed pitches have no deception. I wonder what the Sox will do with him in the off season, seeing as it is almost a guaranteed loss (no pun intended) with him on the mound, and that isn't an exaggeration at all.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 07:43 PM)
He is not on baseball reference. Are you making him up? Let's not take away Shields title he rightfully earned.

Ole Mopeface wasn't in B/R? Yeah I made him up. Good ole mopeface

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 25, 2016 -> 12:50 AM)
Yeah, all his offspeed pitches have no deception. I wonder what the Sox will do with him in the off season, seeing as it is almost a guaranteed loss (no pun intended) with him on the mound, and that isn't an exaggeration at all.

At this point, just pray he retires. He's finished as a big league starter.