NLCS: Cubs vs. Dodgers

LittleHurt05

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't care if these guys were dominating like Cleveland and Dodgers did when they got hot, it's the way they've been damn lucky that is annoying as f***. The Nats should just return to Montreal and play as the Expos again, maybe then they will win a playoff series again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 07:57 AM)
Will somebody just beat these assholes???

I hear ya. I don't think it will be the Dodgers though. These NL teams are all pretty much snake-bitten by the Cubs. The Dodgers, just like the Nats, haven't shown the ability to win a big series over the past decade. I don't expect that to suddenly change against this Cubs team. The Cubs just seem to have a swagger that makes other teams piss down their legs in big situations ( Tribe last year, Kershaw last year, Schezer and Harper last night).

My prediction is Cubs in six based on dominant starting pitching from the Cubs big four and timely hitting. I'm actually kind of glad that Cleveland got knocked out as they are also snake-bitten by this Cubs team. Astros or Yankees will be able to go toe to toe with the Cubs and shouldn't be scared.

What scares me is I like the Dodgers way too much in this match-up. Dodger pitching is fresh and just flat out better than what the cubs will be sending out to the mound.

Seriously considering buying a Dodgers cap today to wear with one of my Sox Jersey's just to be me, an asshole. :wub:

Go Dodgers!

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 09:27 AM)
What scares me is I like the Dodgers way too much in this match-up. Dodger pitching is fresh and just flat out better than what the cubs will be sending out to the mound.

Seriously considering buying a Dodgers cap today to wear with one of my Sox Jersey's just to be me, an asshole. :wub:

Go Dodgers!

I was an asshole at work this morning. I said, the lucky horseshoe is still firmly stuck up the cubs butt i see.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 09:19 AM)
So these teams lose one series and they're "snake-bitten"? Give me a break. And they hardly showed swagger in the NLDS, they were trying their hardest to give away the game to the Nationals.

The Nats are a snake-bitten franchise in general. They lose every year in the first round. Did you not see the game last night? A bunch of clowns lead by a jester named Dusty.

The Cubs definitely showed swagger. Russell and Zobrist seem to be able to get clutch hits on demand. Contreras is an absolute beast behind the plate and made a huge play last night. Wade Davis comes in and gets a 7 out save after pitching poorly the night before. Edwards Jr talking trash before the game and the Cubs backing him up. The list goes on..

You know the Dodgers were hoping the Nationals somehow pulled it off last night. They don't want to face this Cubs team again in the postseason.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 09:34 AM)
I was an asshole at work this morning. I said, the lucky horseshoe is still firmly stuck up the cubs butt i see.

Atta boy! :cheers

I haven't heard from any friends that cub fans yet but that's probably because they know I will be pulling for the Dodgers. I think they're scared, lol.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 09:45 AM)
Atta boy! :cheers

I haven't heard from any friends that cub fans yet but that's probably because they know I will be pulling for the Dodgers. I think they're scared, lol.

I have noticed at work that the cub fans here are not as cocky as 2016. It weird.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 09:49 AM)
I have noticed at work that the cub fans here are not as cocky as 2016. It weird.

They know that horseshoe is for real and the cubs won a series in which both teams played like complete s***. The Dodgers have a better manager and are much more fundamentally sound on the diamond than the Nat's. When the cubs make mistakes, and they will, it will cost them dearly against a team like the Dodgers. As Sox fans, there's still hope!

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 09:49 AM)

I was going to say...it hasn't seemed as bad anywhere I've been as it was last year. Kinda nice. Still want them to lose obviously.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 09:59 AM)
Lots of irrational Cubbie hate here! Go Chicago! These guys aren't assholes, the real asshole is the National's Daniel Murphy anti-gay bible thumping loon. Glad to see he doesn't advance.

Go cubs!

Irrational Cubs hate on a Sox board? lol

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 03:59 PM)
Lots of irrational Cubbie hate here! Go Chicago! These guys aren't assholes, the real asshole is the National's Daniel Murphy anti-gay bible thumping loon. Glad to see he doesn't advance.

Go cubs!

Yep Lackey is just an amazing guy. There's a bunch of assholes on every team. A lot of us on here have worked in sports before and the less you know about your favorite players behind the scenes, the better.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 09:59 AM)

Go cubs!

Their fans are intolerable when they lose. It's a thousand times worse when they win.