White Sox Trade Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
Ed Farmer mention that Jake Peavy might be involved in trade talks... God I would s*** my pants if the Sox got Peavy

With the Sox???

I'm scared at what type of major league talent the Sox would be giving up. No way would the Pads deal Peavy without getting an assload.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Ed Farmer mention that Jake Peavy might be involved in trade talks... God I would s*** my pants if the Sox got Peavy

...and why would the padres have interest in trading him or anybody else when they are leading the race in the nl west?

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
...and why would the padres have interest in trading him or anybody else when they are leading the race in the nl west?

Ya, it makes zero sense to me. Padres have money and Peavy isn't due to become a free agent for a few more years. Unless this is part of some blockbuster that the Pads plan on making it makes zero sense.

Why deal when your ace when your winning the division.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
have no clues him and rooney were talking on ESPN  a few minutes go and he mention that big names are on the trading block that nobody knows about than he mention Peavy name

Ed farmer might be a crack head.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
I heard Farmer say that about Peavy. Padres would be the stupidest team ever to trade Peavy wonder what the Sox would have to give up

Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, hermanso etc.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
I heard Farmer say that about Peavy. Padres would be the stupidest team ever to trade Peavy wonder what the Sox would have to give up

You'd have to think major league talent. Only thing I could possibly see is if the Pads got Contreras another major leaguer, Bmac and Brian Anderson and than turned a few prospects into another key player they liked where they felt it would improve the team.

Still, it just makes no sense. If all it took were minor leaguers, I'd give up the 4 best in the org to get Peavy, but I think we all know that wouldn't be the case.

is there not anyone else not ready to give up on the count just yet? I think chemistry would slip a bit, starting with duque.

I'd at least wait another start to see if he continues his upswing.

get whoever for shingo, get guardado/wagner or whoever and be done with pitchin

oh... and I dont think the reliever that comes in will take the closer's role from hermmy, at least not straight on.... that would kill some of the chemistry too, right quick, but I think ozzie is smarter than that

QUOTE(toasty @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
is there not anyone else not ready to give up on the count just yet? I think chemistry would slip a bit, starting with duque.

I'd at least wait another start to see if he continues his upswing.

get whoever for shingo, get guardado/wagner or whoever and be done with pitchin

oh... and I dont think the reliever that comes in will take the closer's role from hermmy, at least not straight on.... that would kill some of the chemistry too, right quick, but I think ozzie is smarter than that

If it's Wagner, Hermy's a setup man. No doubt. Hermy has also said he'll do whatever the Sox ask. It's all about team with him.

Buster Olney was on ESPN and claimed the Sox were still in it for Burnett, and Florida is insisting they take Lowell. He said the Sox could absorb some money and spin either Lowell or Crede somewhere else. A lot of teams are looking for thirdbaseman. He also mentioned Wagner and the Sox in the same sentence. Said this is the White Sox "window of opportunity" and that they will do whatever it takes.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
Buster Olney was on ESPN and claimed the Sox were still in it for Burnett, and Florida is insisting they take Lowell. He said the Sox could absorb some money and spin either Lowell or Crede somewhere else. A lot of teams are looking for thirdbaseman. He also mentioned Wagner and the Sox in the same sentence. Said this is the White Sox "window of opportunity" and that they will do whatever it takes.

I woudnt want lowell at all though he is doing really bad this year