White Sox vs. Cubs July 2 Game Thread

DBAHO

Figure it's time I started a game thread again, think I'm 2-0 so far this season, so Heads you'll have to wait for a day. :P

Really need to take this game and keep the pressure on Detroit. Buerhle vs. Zambrano so it'll probably be a low scoring affair. Getting crucial hits with RISP, could be very important, the Cubs are terrible at it, while we're one of the league's best. That'll need to continue today. :gosox1:

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is going to be fun to watch because I really do think that we will get the win against big Z. Big Z is going to give up some runs to us, plus Dusty is going to want to keep him in way longer than he should. As we have proven, the Cubs bullpen is pretty nasty. If Buerhle can hold them to a couple this game will be ours. As a bonus, I have a feeling the Tigers are going to lose again today, I have watched them in their series against Pitt, and I have to say, they are hitting a mini-slump, so now is the time to gain some ground on them.

:gosox2:

The Cubs finally have the line up they've wanted all year. Mark better check nuts and step up.

You guys know how I feel about Cra-Z, for the Sox to pound his big, fat, cry baby ass would be the icing on this weekend. I hope Jimmy is in the line up, but I doubt it.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
Hopefully the only garbage on the field today is in blue uniforms with red C's on them.

:gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1:

Go Pirates.bmp

^^^^^^^^^

That's been true all year.

Let's hope we do something to rattle Cra-Z fragile psyche, like a bat flip or something. He doesn't do anything or strikeout or anything like that does he?

That pointing to the sky s*** is annoying.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

This might have been posted already, but it seems that when we're about to sweep the Cubs, our bullpen always gives up the lead and we have to put the brooms away. Hopefully Buehrle and the Sox offense can change that this afternoon.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
This might have been posted already, but it seems that when we're about to sweep the Cubs, our bullpen always gives up the lead and we have to put the brooms away. Hopefully Buehrle and the Sox offense can change that this afternoon.

Or our defense. You're right, something weird always seems to happen when we're on the verge of sweeping these guys. I have faith in Mark, hopefully our hitters can put together some good ab's against one of the better pitchers in baseball. Hopefully the rain stays away as well.

Time to beat this retarded, crazy-ass, lunatic up and down the northside today. I would love nothing more than to see him self destruct, and blow up (literally) all over the mound today. Lets get out the broom and put these sorry ass losers away...

:gosox1:

:finger Cubs!!!!

Sunday line up is out

Chi White Sox 53-27 (Road: 24-16) 2:20pm ET

Chi Cubs 29-51 (Home: 13-25) WGN, CSN

Chi White Sox

S. Podsednik lf

T. Iguchi 2b

P. Konerko 1b

J. Dye rf

A.J. Pierzynski c

A. Cintron 3b

R. Mackowiak cf

J. Uribe ss

M. Buehrle p

Chi Cubs

J. Pierre cf

R. Cedeno ss

D. Lee 1b

A. Ramirez 3b

M. Barrett c

A. Pagan rf

M. Murton lf

N. Perez 2b

C. Zambrano p

QUOTE(brijames @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)
Whats the weather look like for this afternoon in Chicago? Chance this thing gets rained out?

Probably not, the thunderstorms are predicted for later in the day, actually evening. It's overcast now, but not as humid as it was yesterday.