Who here is happy Uribe's not on the team anymore?

whitesoxgt

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
No matter what your views are on Uribe. The person that would of been affected the most would of been Beckham. Uribe would of been option number 1 to replace Fields at 3rd with Ozzie.

i'll admit i was probably Uribes #1 hater, but after the 05 playoffs i made myself like the guy as a player....i would have been ok with Uribe on the team....but players like beckham dont come around every year...it would have been painful to see him in the minors with uribe starting.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 12:23 AM)
Not even a little bit.

Chris Burke fouled out to Uribe, who fell into the left-field seats as he leaned in to make the grab. Uribe ran to the mound with the ball and gave Jenks a slap. "How did he pull it out?" Houston's Craig Biggio said. "If I was a fan, I would have mauled him."

Juan_Uribe_catch.jpg

With two outs and Lane still on second, Orlando Palmeiro hit a chopper over Jenks that Uribe had to catch and fire to first. He did so with no time to spare. Palmeiro was out by a flash and the White Sox were World Series champions.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 12:34 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=1991498:date=Aug 21, 2009 -> 12:23 AM:name=RockRaines)-->
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 12:23 AM)
<!--quotec-->Not even a little bit.

Juan_Uribe_catch.jpg

When I saw you posted in this thread, I knew you would be posting these two plays. You always bring up the 2005 team and I have to say I love you for it.

2005 :headbang

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 01:36 AM)
When I saw you posted in this thread, I knew you would be posting these two plays. You always bring up the 2005 team and I have to say I love you for it.

2005 :headbang

I will always enjoy it. Championships are to enjoy, right?

It does not mean I don't want another one soon. ;)

I have honestly never seen a more exciting final to plays to close out a World Series. The 2001 Series was probably more exciting, all in all, but that was for the Diamondbacks to actually WIN the series. Without Uribe, widger, I have no idea how that series ends. They did have Clemens/Pettitte/Oswalt coming up again.

I'm very happy that things are working out for Uribe in San Francisco. I believe we wouldn't have won a WS in '05 if it weren't for him (if you disagree...no big deal). If you want to find out why the organization and fans kept wanting themselves to believe Uribe could make it happen for us long after we probably should have realized he couldn't...go watch the last inning of our clinching Game 4 of the '05 World Series. (I don't think we can have enough reminders in this thread of that)

I will always remember Uribe's contributions to our club that year and will be forever grateful.

With that being said, I'm glad we let him go and moved forward in another direction. I believe the results speak for themselves offensively anyways.

Edited by rockren

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 04:54 AM)
Count me as one of the biggest fans of his departure.

Me too. Offensively, and also defensively. At the end he was a so-so SS and its funny how people forget how many plays he took off during the course of a season. I'll always remember him for his playoff push and catches, but we are in much better shape now.

It's best Uribe is not here, but if we're calling Alexei or Getz his replacement, I dont think they give you enough at each position from a combined off/def standpoint. Close enough to get by but not what you want.

Even though Alexei has a great contract, I have this feeling the Sox would move him for a similarly good-contract SS who gives perhaps more defense and less offense than the Cuban Missile.

Everyone just seems so fed up.

Edited by Princess Dye