2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 31, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
Great reporting by Cennelly there too. Ever hear of Google?

What? Please explain?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
Nothing. And I'd be very, very surprised if they won the division.

Unless they make bigger/more moves, I actually have them finishing 4th in that division. I think the Cardinals, Brewers and Pirates are much better than them. Better line ups, and better pitching.

Everyone stays healthy and gets back to career numbers, the Reds could even push them to 5th. I just don't see it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
Nothing. And I'd be very, very surprised if they won the division.

It wouldn't be the most shocking thing ever because there is a lot of potential on that club. Now it'd be really surprising if it does happen considering how young and unproven they are but it's not completely out of the question. Unfortunately for them the Cardinals are still there and you and I could be their 3-4 hitters and they'd still be in the playoffs.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
Unless they make bigger/more moves, I actually have them finishing 4th in that division. I think the Cardinals, Brewers and Pirates are much better than them. Better line ups, and better pitching.

Everyone stays healthy and gets back to career numbers, the Reds could even push them to 5th. I just don't see it.

I wouldn't say the Brewers are in that class quite yet, but St. Louis and Pittsburgh I'd definitely say are better.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
It wouldn't be the most shocking thing ever because there is a lot of potential on that club. Now it'd be really surprising if it does happen considering how young and unproven they are but it's not completely out of the question. Unfortunately for them the Cardinals are still there and you and I could be their 3-4 hitters and they'd still be in the playoffs.

I don't think a playoff appearance is completely out of the picture, but I just don't see how they're better than either of Pittsburgh or St. Louis.

Also, I do not think St. Louis could win with me as their cleanup hitter. I would require a $10 million contract and I would hit .005/.008/.008. I explained this in PHT today. With my lack of range, weak arm, inability to catch the ball, terrible base running, fear of bunting a 94 MPH fastball, tendency to run out of the batter's box at the mere sight of a breaking ball, and incapability of sliding (my "slide" is some drunken version of a summersault), I believe I'd be worth roughly -15 fWAR per season, which would make me the worst player in major league history.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)
I wouldn't say the Brewers are in that class quite yet, but St. Louis and Pittsburgh I'd definitely say are better.

I don't think a playoff appearance is completely out of the picture, but I just don't see how they're better than either of Pittsburgh or St. Louis.

Also, I do not think St. Louis could win with me as their cleanup hitter. I would require a $10 million contract and I would hit .005/.008/.008. I explained this in PHT today. With my lack of range, weak arm, inability to catch the ball, terrible base running, fear of bunting a 94 MPH fastball, tendency to run out of the batter's box at the mere sight of a breaking ball, and incapability of sliding (my "slide" is some drunken version of a summersault), I believe I'd be worth roughly -15 fWAR per season, which would make me the worst player in major league history.

Well you're going to bat 3rd and I'm going to bat clean up... so no worries.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)

What was Eddie Gaedel's OPS?