Morrow to Cubs

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 10, 2017 -> 03:23 PM)
Seriously, the Cubs are committing some big dollars to guys with serious health issues in the past. Cobb will probably be next to join the fray.

Yeah they are and the train keeps rolling. Read somewhere that the cubs want to have Cobb signed by Monday.

Would be nice if the Sox could get Nate Jones healthy. There's still some potential for a nice haul down the road.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 10, 2017 -> 03:59 PM)
Yeah they are and the train keeps rolling. Read somewhere that the cubs want to have Cobb signed by Monday.

Would be nice if the Sox could get Nate Jones healthy. There's still some potential for a nice haul down the road.

It would probably require at least one full healthy season AS A CLOSER before he regained most of his value from 2 years ago.

That's a lot of strain to put on someone who has been through as many major injuries as Nate has recently.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 12:38 AM)
It would probably require at least one full healthy season AS A CLOSER before he regained most of his value from 2 years ago.

That's a lot of strain to put on someone who has been through as many major injuries as Nate has recently.

MONDAY, 7:09am: The deal is complete, pending a physical, reports Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic. The deal will be for two years and $21MM. Morrow will earn $9MM in 2018 and 2019, with a $3MM buyout or a $12MM vesting option for the 2020 season.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 08:20 AM)
MONDAY, 7:09am: The deal is complete, pending a physical, reports Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic. The deal will be for two years and $21MM. Morrow will earn $9MM in 2018 and 2019, with a $3MM buyout or a $12MM vesting option for the 2020 season.

A little off topic but when you think about the deals, it still amazes me. I know I'm old but he is getting paid at least 6 million dollars AAV to perform for 60 times per year at most. Last year he pitched in 45 games.

I know it's nothing compared to most but it is crazy if you think about the numbers.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 09:25 AM)
A little off topic but when you think about the deals, it still amazes me. I know I'm old but he is getting paid at least 6 million dollars AAV to perform for 60 times per year at most. Last year he pitched in 45 games.

I know it's nothing compared to most but it is crazy if you think about the numbers.

The cost of bullpen help has skyrocketed in recent years, and I don't think that is a trend that will stop. A good, not great closer can reasonably expect to earn at least $15 million per year now in free agency.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 09:35 AM)
IMO cubs aren’t in a position to care about a two year deal. This is their window. You can’t go hoping on a bunch of bargains to hit.

I expect the Cubs to be very much in on guys like Arrieta and Darvish. Exactly like you said bmags, this is their window and they should open up the checkbook.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 07:55 AM)
Cubs and Indians have talked about Salazar. Indians looking for a LHB.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/12/cubs...azar-trade.html

Could Theo be considering trading his all star kick ball champion, Kyle Schwarber?

Lol, cubs interested in another pitcher with an injury history.

I think I would definitely trade Schwarber for him.