9/9 vs Oakland A's

flavum

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 07:38 PM)
What's the injury?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 07:39 PM)
Well, that would explain why he needed that day off.

In July.

When he last got one.

Didn't he just get a day off in Minnesota? And I think it's described as general soreness and leg pain.

MINNEAPOLIS — Jose Abreu sat out of the White Sox game against the Minnesota Twins Tuesday (9/2) night with an assortment of aches and leg pains. The Sox haven’t been specific about Abreu’s sore spots, but he did come out of Friday’s game with a right hamstring issue and later told reporters his left hip was bothering him.

Abreu was wearing a wrap around his back in the clubhouse Tuesday and spent a good portion of the pregame hours relaxing on a couch.

QUOTE (1dog @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 01:49 AM)
Someone remind me why Viciedo is playing. He is not under contract for next year and will not be offered one, right? I can't understand why Sierra isn't getting more ABs.

It is surprising they're not giving Sierra a chance to prove his worth for next year. Either they have no intention of bringing him back, or he's still injured.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 07:45 PM)
If I had to guess based on his swing, it appears Abreu has a bad back.

I just hope Abreu comes next year ready to play a full season. He has been counting down the days since August. Hopefully he will be better prepared to handle it in 2015.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 07:50 PM)
It is surprising they're not giving Sierra a chance to prove his worth for next year. Either they have no intention of bringing him back, or he's still injured.

He was injured? I thought he just went on the DL or whatever for a little while to free up a spot until September.