Royals Vs Sox - Part Deux - 7:11pm CSN

nitetrain8601

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 05:54 PM)
I prefer we use Getz tomorrow when Quentin is back(supposedly)

Yeah, I am a big fan of Getz and really high on his ability, but you have got to keep Ramirez in the lineup every game because he is a difference maker and it is especially importnat without your best hitter.

Since the ASB the Sox are 12-12 with only 2 multi-game winning streaks and only one that was longer than 2 games (4, July 22-26 vs. Tex and Det). The other was last weeks two straight wins at home vs. the Tigers. We need to start winning games and put together a little streak, because we could find ourselves trailing the Twins by a few games while they're at home for the next week or so.

EDIT:We're also only 8-6 at home since the ASB. We'd all like to see our road record improve, but we need to win more home games, where we've been real solid all year. What this comes down to is pitching. Its improved a lot in the past week or so, hopefully that continues. Hopefully we can just dominate a few teams and put together one of our patented 5-7 game winning streaks soon.

Edited by NorthSideSox15

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
Yeah, I am a big fan of Getz and really high on his ability, but you have got to keep Ramirez in the lineup every game because he is a difference maker and it is especially importnat without your best hitter.

And quite frankly...if we want Alexei to have a shot at the batting title he needs plate appearances. We try hard enough to get wins for our pitchers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
And quite frankly...if we want Alexei to have a shot at the batting title he needs plate appearances. We try hard enough to get wins for our pitchers.

On the other hand... Alexei, to me, hasn't looked as sharp the last couple games as he has. And this is a much longer season than he is used to. I am all for giving him a day off.

And tomorrow, with Broadway pitching, I'd rather not have a first-gamer like Getz on the infield behind him.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
Gordon will be in the booth with Hawk and DJ in the third inning.

SWEET. I hope it is Hawk and DJ with him, not just DJ in the corner. But then again if Hawk is in on the interview with him, I am sure the conversion will steer toward Georgia and what a great state it is since they are both from there. And if Beckham is a golfer that would be even worst, it would be a 10 minute interview about golf courses in Georgia.