Moncada being called up

Sockin

For reference...I don't hate calling him up right now as much as I have a couple of our previous callups, but I don't like it. I don't feel he's earned it yet. His splits away from Charlotte are poor, his numbers overall aren't where I'd want them to be, his OPS has dropped month by month and there's been no improvement in his K-rates (may have even gotten worse).

http://m.milb.com/milb/player/660162#nav_splits

.216 BA vs. LHP.

.236 BA, with a sub-.700 OPS away from The Charlotte Bandbox

Burning service time on a crap team, when he hasn't conclusively vanquished AAA.

I'll say it: I hate this call up. I'll be happy to be wrong, but white sox are gonna white sox this kid up.

QUOTE (Two-Gun Pete @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 10:18 PM)
http://m.milb.com/milb/player/660162#nav_splits

.216 BA vs. LHP.

.236 BA, with a sub-.700 OPS away from The Charlotte Bandbox

Burning service time on a crap team, when he hasn't conclusively vanquished AAA.

I'll say it: I hate this call up. I'll be happy to be wrong, but white sox are gonna white sox this kid up.

So going from one bandbox to another. He clearly has work to do but lets not pretend he doesn't have the talent to do it at the highest level.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:17 PM)
Weird timing.

It's after the super-2 time would be hit for him and there's a roster spot clear. So it's imposed by the big leagues.

What I don't like is that it isn't forced by Moncada, it's imposed by big league calendar schedule and his name. He's not getting called up because he's earned it.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:22 PM)
Yea I don't like this call up now that I think about it. Moncada has work to do, this is not being done for baseball reasons.

IMO he is bored in AAA at this point. I would rather him develop here, he has no pressure because we aren't competing to trying to compete. He isn't a savior and can just focus on playing baseball and getting use tot major league pitching

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:21 PM)
So going from one bandbox to another. He clearly has work to do but lets not pretend he doesn't have the talent to do it at the highest level.

Ok, so what was the rush? I surely hope I'm wrong, but this feels stupidly premature.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:23 PM)
He's not getting called up because he's earned it.

Par for the course for the org that just HAD TO give an extension to Anderson before he earned it as well. I hate this habit of "giving" contracts, promotions, etc... to players and members of this org before they earn it.

QUOTE (Two-Gun Pete @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:29 PM)
Ok, so what was the rush? I surely hope I'm wrong, but this feels stupidly premature.

Par for the course for the org that just HAD TO give an extension to Anderson before he earned it as well. I hate this habit of "giving" contracts, promotions, etc... to players and members of this org before they earn it.

Those are the EXACT type of moves you have to do to compete nowadays if you can't have a 250m payroll. Lock a young guy up who shows promise for pennies and you hit the lotto, if he busts it's not a franchise crippling deal.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:29 PM)
Whats this mean for service time & how long would he have had to stay down for another year of control?

nothing unless you wanted to really piss the kid off and keep him down until next july. anybody thinking about control at this point is being myopic. they already avoided super 2; the kid is ready to play everyday under pro conditions with pro coaches. He isn't going to learn much more in

AAA .