Father's Day Games (Lopez, Guerrero, no DSL)

caulfield12

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 02:02 PM)
Put him in center!

I'm not against that, his legs and arm play up even more in CF and they can keep Sanchez at 2B and move Leury to a corner or 3B.

Edited by beautox

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 01:20 PM)
I'm not against that his legs and arm player up even more and they can keep Sanchez at 2B and move Leury to a corner or 3B.

I agree, if Moncada is not that great defensively I'd much rather have Sanchez, or Hansen there. I think that the club would be much better if you're strong up the middle.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 12:40 PM)
I agree, if Moncada is not that great defensively I'd much rather have Sanchez, or Hansen there. I think that the club would be much better if you're strong up the middle.

Yeah, I wish they would start giving him some innings there, tbh

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
That's true. Progress stops after 6 months in the minors. There are what they will be.

He failed to mention that 5 of the 6 outs he made were K's and that he didn't walk anyone. Honestly, that'd progress.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 08:57 PM)
That's true. Progress stops after 6 months in the minors. There are what they will be.

When you draft guys based on them being polished (Fisher, Collins, Burdi) and see them struggling like this, there's definitely reason for pessimism. Hansen has been great but is beyond ready for a higher level.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 04:20 PM)
When you draft guys based on them being polished (Fisher, Collins, Burdi) and see them struggling like this, there's definitely reason for pessimism. Hansen has been great but is beyond ready for a higher level.

Burdi was basically sent straight to AAA and is K'ing almost 14 per 9 innings this year. He had not given up a single HR prior to today. Control has been an issue, but his overall numbers are victimized by some bad luck. I'm not concerned in the slightest, he simply needs more development time.

Collins has an .830 OPS despite his focus most likely being on the defensive side of the game. The contact is bad, but acceptable when he's walking 20% of the time and hitting for power. Even his BABIP is a little low. Regardless, right now it looks like he can stick at catcher which would be HUGE. Not sure how anyone could say he is struggling or view his season as a dissapoinment.

Jameson Fisher has been a disappointment IMO, but he has not been struggling. He simply isn't dominating low A like he should.

Meanwhile, you completely ignore Flores, Lambert, Hamilton, Morrison, Booker, Remillard, & Roman who are playing very well. That also doesn't include Call, Curbelo, & Hickman who are all TBDs. I'm not sure how anyone could be pessimistic about this draft unless they are expecting perfection.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 04:20 PM)

I disagree. Pessimism would be if they show no signs of being able to adjust to pro ball. If collins was proved he couldn't handle catching and couldn't put up a 800 OPS or Brurdi couldn't K any one. I see signs they are adjusting to pro ball. Maybe concern but not pessimism.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 05:05 PM)
I disagree. Pessimism would be if they show no signs of being able to adjust to pro ball. If collins was proved he couldn't handle catching and couldn't put up a 800 OPS or Brurdi couldn't K any one. I see signs they are adjusting to pro ball. Maybe concern but not pessimism.

Totally agree. Development doesn't mean you always dominate each level in linear fashion. We have a big league team full of players succeeding now after odd paths in the majors, this game is hard.