Anthony Sanders?

CWSOX45

He's hitting .281 in AAA. Not sure if the Sox think highly of him, is he decent or is he just a career AAAA player?

Sure Harris just came up, but he needs to work on taking the ball the other way like most of the other Sox hitters. I say give Sanders a shot, then when Borchard is ready call him up.

Our centerfield situation is a joke. If we only still had Alex Fernandez........

CWSOX45

If we had Alex Fernandex, that made my day.

We have Cliffy Burmubaugh who is annihilating Intl League pitching right now, but he plays the corners.

That kid could flat out hit, and play defense. (not the pitcher, the AA outfielder we traded for Jimenez)

Can Brumbraugh play center?

CWSOX45

Anthony Sanders is a AAA guy, nothing more.

Cliff Brumbaugh was a free agent signing who was in Colorado Springs (Rockies AAA) last year. Another AAA minor league vet.

Alex Fernandez is not missed by the Sox. Alex had a great 1st half for the Barons last year, but was never a major league caliber prospect. He doesn't have much power and doesn't walk at all. He walked 13 times in 489 at bats last year and has only walked 4 times in 99 AB's this year.

He is also not a CF.

Guest JimH

Thank you Rex. I really get a chuckle when I hear all this pining for Alex Fernandez, he's a non=prospect with a weak arm and poor plate discipline.

Anthony Sanders is a crap... Alex Fernandez for D´angelo Jimenez was a great trade!!! Stop this bulls*** of : " If we still have Alex Fernandez."

I'd rather have a player that has heart and desire to play the game than a guy that doesn't even give a s*** about his players or his teammates.

CWSOX45

Anthony Sanders is a AAA guy, nothing more.

Cliff Brumbaugh was a free agent signing who was in Colorado Springs (Rockies AAA) last year.  Another AAA minor league vet.

Alex Fernandez is not missed by the Sox.  Alex had a great 1st half for the Barons last year, but was never a major league caliber prospect.  He doesn't have much power and doesn't walk at all.  He walked 13 times in 489 at bats last year and has only walked 4 times in 99 AB's this year.

He is also not a CF.

Thanks for the info, at least someone gave me the inside scoop on this guy. I appreciate it.

CWSOX45

alex fernandez hit AA at 20 years old..that makes hima prospect...he can learn plate discipline and he will bulk up a little as he matures..just  a matter of how much and what kind of work ethic he has

"just a matter of how much and what kind of work ethic he has.."

It's probably a better work ethic than D'Angelo has. He has so much talent but is head is never in the game, at least most of the time. Kind of like our 23 year old right handing pitcher who was supposed to be leading this team to greatness by now.... :angry:

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'd rather have a player that has heart and desire to play the game than a guy that doesn't even give a s*** about his players or his teammates.

CWSOX45

wait a minute........what...........did you just say this... and yet when we started on the miles/jimenez thing and i said something similar all of you guys disses on it....(well all but baggs) double standards here???????? :huh: :o

CWSOX45

wait a minute........what...........did you just say this... and yet when we started on the miles/jimenez thing and i said something similar all of you guys disses on it....(well all but baggs) double standards here???????? :huh: :o

HSC, I told you loved Aaron Miles. I wished he would have made the team, yet Jimenez did make it over him and I thought that I basically had to accept it. Yet when Jimenez makes lazy ass mistakes time and time again like he has this year it gets on my nerves.

I must have missed that thread on Jimenez, either that or I dont remember it....

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1
This team is not losing because Jimenez is a lazy boy (that i don't see), everybody is getting on Jimenez saying that the team is playing bad because of him...

dont you get it.. he is this years clayton.....well at least hes better at the plate than clayton was but just the same.....we always have to have one....... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
It looks as if the two best hitters at Charlotte are Miles and Brumbaugh, and neither one is on the Sox 40 man roster.

and why is that?????? hmmmmmm.. i know jm has made it perfectly clear he wanted miles out of s.t........but kw had a different thing in mind... paul on the roster.. what a freakin waste.........miles could have been that shake up in the lineup we need now.....but we will never know will we?????? another fine mess kw gotten us into.........glad hes outta here........ :headbang

Isn't Sanders as old as the Hills?

I am not sure but I think he is just one of those old guys that bounces around every spring, just wanting to play some baseball, you can't tear the uniform off of his back.

I doubt we will give him a chance, but I would like to see him get another shot at the bigs, just to make the old man's day.

This team is not losing because Jimenez is a lazy boy (that i don't see), everybody is getting on Jimenez saying that the team is playing bad because of him...

The Padres clubhouse despised him. Saying he was the laziest player they've ever seen. The Padres wouldn't go out of their way to say that either if it wasn't true. I just hope that he doesn't turn into another club house cancer.

CWSOX45