5/28 Game thread: @Kansas City, 1:15pm, WGN

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be a negative prick, but we have no chance in this game. Sox lost all the mojo it had. Yes at one point we were so hot and confident we had a chance to play with KC and beat KC. Now forget it. We are fodder for them. Look for about 5-7 wins against KC this year 12 to 14 losses. Sorry but that's the case.

After last night, today is a no brainer KC victory. There is momentum in baseball. KC owns us and has set the tone at 3-1 vs. Chicago in four games this season already. Today should be something like 7-3 or 7-1 KC

Television stations today:

May 28, 2016

Chicago White Sox at Kansas City Royals

Stadium:  Kauffmann Stadium

Announcers:  Ken Harrelson and Steve Stone

Ford White Sox Warm-Up:  1:00 PM Central / 2:00 PM Eastern *

Game telecast time:  1:10 PM Central / 2:10 PM Eastern *

7 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago  WGN-TV,  Channel 9  (The CW)

South Bend  WMYS-LD,  Channel 69  (my network TV) *

Indianapolis  WISH-TV,  Channel 8  (The CW) *

Marion, IN  WNDY-TV,  Channel 23-3  (The CW)  (WISH-TV simulcast) *

Rockford  WIFR Freeport,  Channel 23-3  (Justice Network)

Quad Cities  WQAD-TV Moline,  Channel 8-3  (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City  KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids,  Channel 9-3  (Antenna TV)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL  -  not televised due to scheduling conflict with ABC7 Cubs telecast

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 28, 2016 -> 02:11 AM)
I hate to be a negative prick, but we have no chance in this game. Sox lost all the mojo it had. Yes at one point we were so hot and confident we had a chance to play with KC and beat KC. Now forget it. We are fodder for them. Look for about 5-7 wins against KC this year 12 to 14 losses. Sorry but that's the case.

After last night, today is a no brainer KC victory. There is momentum in baseball. KC owns us and has set the tone at 3-1 vs. Chicago in four games this season already. Today should be something like 7-3 or 7-1 KC

Please keep the Royals love out of this thread...thanks.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2016 -> 06:41 AM)
That was near the end of April, 2000.

Yes, look at their record in May-July of that season...zipped to the best record in baseball.

Rob Fick flipped off everyone, Jeff Weaver and Juan Samuel were other big elements of it.

That's what I thought. A fight could do wonders for this team, just need to be more strategic than last year's altercation with the Royals. Instead of Sale getting into the middle of the action, we need guys like Sands & Rollins to step up.

Also, loved when Fick got that beer dumped on him. And the Magglio jump kick. What an awesome fight.

No need to blow it up. Dump Rollins and Sands, call up Hayes or Coats, insert Saladino to firm up the defense. Move Melky to #2. See how it goes. In July or Augusr get a salary dump pitcher or hitter....but for salary, not the requisite Williams fare of 4 prospects.

No need to blow it up. Dump Rollins and Sands, call up Hayes or Coats, insert Saladino to firm up the defense. Move Melky to #2. See how it goes. In July or Augusr get a salary dump pitcher or hitter....but for salary, not the requisite Williams fare of 4 prospects.

I don't trust Robin to make any adjustments. I know teams blows leads but the fact he has let two f***ing games slip this year is beyond insane. Most managers would have killed for the lead the Sox had and his just let it dwindle away making zero adjustments.

f***ING FIRE ROBIN ALREADY FFS.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 28, 2016 -> 02:11 AM)

I know you don't care but it doesn't work like that. It may end up happening but not because it's "supposed" to. Every game is different.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 28, 2016 -> 06:38 AM)
Ventura and Lawrie have beef right? I wouldn't mind some of those feelings spilling over to the field today. Didn't the Sox perform well after that famous Tigers fight during the Jerry Manual era? Anything that might shake things is good by me.

How did they perform after the bench clearing brawl vs KC last year?

QUOTE (Tony @ May 28, 2016 -> 01:30 PM)
Hawk just took a nice little shot at Robin.

Off topic question guys, but I need your help. One of the sons is in from Florida and we were talking Sox and broadcast. A few weeks ago Stone was gone for a few games and Hawk was teamed up with a guy who would not stop talking. I mean this guy wouldn't let Hawk get a word in edge wise. I thought maybe Plesac but just don't remember. Anyone able to help out? Thanks!