Ice Bucket Shenanigans

greg775

So the police have identified some kids who dumped urine and spit on an unsuspecting kid all part of the ice bucket challenge.

Celebrities are out wanting proverbial blood so to speak offering rewards to find out who did the crime. Police are going to press charges of assault.

Pity the perpetrators and their parents cause they are gonna be forced out of this school and town over yet another act of stupidity in our world.

Would like to get into the minds of these dumbass kids who thought it was a good idea to dump crap on an autistic person and put it on the Internet. Really smart. Really a nice thing to do to a fellow human being.

What a cruel world. I feel sorry for the autistic kid. How terrible to be the brunt of bullying. I wonder how a modern parent in this day and age of Johnny can do no Wrong, disciplines their little darlings who did something like this.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/09/us/horrific-....html?hpt=hp_t2

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 05:59 PM)
So the police have identified some kids who dumped urine and spit on an unsuspecting kid all part of the ice bucket challenge.

Celebrities are out wanting proverbial blood so to speak offering rewards to find out who did the crime. Police are going to press charges of assault.

Pity the perpetrators and their parents cause they are gonna be forced out of this school and town over yet another act of stupidity in our world.

Would like to get into the minds of these dumbass kids who thought it was a good idea to dump crap on an autistic person and put it on the Internet. Really smart. Really a nice thing to do to a fellow human being.

What a cruel world. I feel sorry for the autistic kid. How terrible to be the brunt of bullying. I wonder how a modern parent in this day and age of Johnny can do no Wrong, disciplines their little darlings who did something like this.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/09/us/horrific-....html?hpt=hp_t2

Uh, no. Pity the real victim.

It's hard to believe that people would do something so cruel, particularly to such an undeserving victim. With that said, I'm pretty uncomfortable with some of the vigilante justice that folks appear to be asking for.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 11:55 PM)
It's hard to believe that people would do something so cruel, particularly to such an undeserving victim. With that said, I'm pretty uncomfortable with some of the vigilante justice that folks appear to be asking for.

There are some sickening cases of bullying out there and this is one of them. Re. the vigilante justice ... That's why I said the families of the little brats who did this will have to be moving and changing schools, etc. In this day and age of social media and TMZ, everybody's gonna want those kids who did this to suffer big time. Those kids publicly should be protected by being juveniles though. Life is gonna be hell on their parents who will have to face the media/public on this one.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:18 AM)
I'm amazed by how many kids still don't realize that if you post bad stuff on social media, people will see it and you will get in trouble.

We want to think of 16 year olds as having the mental development of adults all the time, but there's plenty of evidence that says they don't.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 08:45 AM)
We want to think of 16 year olds as having the mental development of adults all the time, but there's plenty of evidence that says they don't.

Particularly when it comes to things like privacy. A colleague of mine did some research on how young adults and older adults differ on perspectives on privacy and they actually found that young people are more privacy-minded...except that young people were only use their aptitude to remain private to elude their parents. They didn't, by and large, think about the general public as someone to hide from

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:45 AM)

IIRC it's something like 22 or 24 before your brain is fully developed, particularly the risk-assessment part.

I'm amazed by how many kids still don't realize that if you post bad stuff on social media, people will see it and you will get in trouble.

I'm amazed by people who let themselves get so emotionally affected by every piece of bad news that they have to start threads on baseball message boards.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 02:42 PM)
I'm amazed by people who let themselves get so emotionally affected by every piece of bad news that they have to start threads on baseball message boards.

This is a forum where people comment and talk about stuff. Are you serious? You can't shoot the messenger. All of this stuff is appalling and sickening and IMO worthy of social commentary.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 04:49 PM)
I am amazed by the number of people that think that taking nude photos of themselves is something that needs to be done.

Some guy on Catfish last night confessed he'd sent tons of nudes to a stranger he met on the Internet but never spoke to in person or on the phone. Of course she turned out to be lying about everything. She sent him nudes but of some model in Playboy. In real life the Catfish liar weighed about 300 pounds.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:05 PM)
This is a forum where people comment and talk about stuff. Are you serious? You can't shoot the messenger. All of this stuff is appalling and sickening and IMO worthy of social commentary.

It's just that lately you seem to make a new thread everyday screaming about how bad our country is, and it's quite tiresome. You over re-act to almost everything in the news today and when somebody tries to have an intelligent informing conversation with you, it always falls on your deaf ears.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 12:41 PM)
It's just that lately you seem to make a new thread everyday screaming about how bad our country is, and it's quite tiresome. You over re-act to almost everything in the news today and when somebody tries to have an intelligent informing conversation with you, it always falls on your deaf ears.

My bad. But this stuff is on the front page of cnn It's not like I find it on obscurenews.com

Edited by greg775

My bad. But this stuff is on the front page of cnn It's not like I find it on obscurenews.com

If bad news affects you to the point that you have to make so many threads about it, then just stay off cnn.com. Watch cat videos on YouTube instead.

• 2 weeks later...