Hahn Confirms: Ventura back for 2016

Dunt

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 06:26 AM)
Interesting note about Parent likely being replaced with a Spanish speaking bench coach. Anyone got any ideas on who could fill that role? Would love to add a guy with previous manager experience to help Robin with the in-game stuff.

They should pry Jose Valentin and his mustache from San Diego where they coach first base.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 07:26 AM)
Interesting note about Parent likely being replaced with a Spanish speaking bench coach. Anyone got any ideas on who could fill that role? Would love to add a guy with previous manager experience to help Robin with the in-game stuff.

Ozzie Guillen.

Kidding, obviously, but he perfectly fits your description- former manager, Spanish speaker :lol:

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 07:26 AM)
Would love to add a guy with previous manager experience to help Robin with the in-game stuff.

After 3 seasons, you'd think he would learn some things...

And then, what would Cooper do. Go back to just being pitching coach? Not a bad idea. He sure as heck can manage pitchers in-game.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
Same here. I'm more concerned with the 3B, C, SS and RF positions. RV coming back is absolutely unsurprising.

Unless someone falls into their laps that they had targeted in the past, I don't see the Sox going after another starting OF. From the way Robin has used Thompson, I think they envision him as their next OF if one of the others fails.

I also don't see them making a move for a long term SS. Every indication is that they bring back Alexei. The probably will just exercise his option. Past that, I think they would go with Saladino over there until Anderson is ready.

3B and C will be the big off season targets for sure.

QUOTE (DashFan @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
A Spanish-speaking bench coach? Ozzie? :lol:

I'd be upset if Robin is given an extension but if Parent were somehow replaced with Guillen, omg the entertainment.

I have been on the Ozzie deserves another coaching opportunity bandwagon, but to me, that shipped sailed. It doesn't look like he pursued too much employment while his Marlins contract was still be paid out. Now that it won't be, if he starts looking left and right for one, it indicates to me, he still isn't about the baseball, he is in it for the paycheck. Hopefully, he, like DRose, will eventually be able to reach financially stable status.

Can't say it's unexpected with this organization. Remember loyalty is more important than accountability.

Not saying it's all Robin's fault, it's not, but he's made enough boneheaded decisions just this year (remember Eaton bunting with two strikes in Cleveland, the Detroit replay debacle and of course the Zach Duke being announced affair in Milwaukee before the pinch hitter was, to make you wonder just what he is thinking during games.

Don't know if I shared this here but last Friday I spoke with someone who knows Robin well and his coaches and was told Parent wasn't giving him good advice this year because "he wants his job." Was also told Parent is a "negative person" on the bench and with the team.

So it looks like (as many predicted back in July) at best maybe one or two coaches are changed out.

That's it.

An organization in serious trouble and that's their idea of fixing the brain-trust, not bringing in new people from outside the organization to look at the number of problems with new ideas.

So be it.

Basically they have reached the level where they "hope" to be good next year. And hey, it's baseball, it could happen....but I wouldn't bet on it.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:14 AM)
Can't say it's unexpected with this organization. Remember loyalty is more important than accountability.

Not saying it's all Robin's fault, it's not, but he's made enough boneheaded decisions just this year (remember Eaton bunting with two strikes in Cleveland, the Detroit replay debacle and of course the Zach Duke being announced affair in Milwaukee before the pinch hitter was, to make you wonder just what he is thinking during games.

Don't know if I shared this here but last Friday I spoke with someone who knows Robin well and his coaches and was told Parent wasn't giving him good advice this year because "he wants his job." Was also told Parent is a "negative person" on the bench and with the team.

So it looks like (as many predicted back in July) at best maybe one or two coaches are changed out.

That's it.

An organization in serious trouble and that's their idea of fixing the brain-trust, not bringing in new people from outside the organization to look at the number of problems with new ideas.

So be it.

Basically they have reached the level where they "hope" to be good next year. And hey, it's baseball, it could happen....but I wouldn't bet on it.

Mark

If I were Mark Parent, and millionaires weren't doing the things being asked of them, I'd probably be a negative person as well.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
If I were Mark Parent, and millionaires weren't doing the things being asked of them, I'd probably be a negative person as well.

It is funny, Robin gets ripped for not spending the entire season yelling at players, but now Parent watches these games and is negative. Whiners are gonna whine.

It also disappoints me that Lip, a professional journalist, would actually buy that sabotage theory.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)
It is funny, Robin gets ripped for not spending the entire season yelling at players, but now Parent watches these games and is negative. Whiners are gonna whine.

That's a bs media narrative that you're trying to attach yourself to.

Don't do that.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:23 AM)
That's a bs media narrative that you're trying to attach yourself to.

Don't do that.

Parent being negative after poor play. Holding players accountable? Now he's not positive enough? Seriously, the giving bad advice to try to steal a job should show you where Lip's head is. It doesn't have to make any sense. If it's White Sox, and if it's negative, he's taking the bait.