2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I missed something, but I watched Lone Survivor and American Hustle back-to-back and I'm 100% sure that Lone Survivor was a better picture.

I'm just not getting all the love for American Hustle. I don't think I've ever disliked Bradley Cooper or Jennifer Lawrence as much as I did in this picture (yes, I know, they made themselves unlikable, not easy for them to do...great performance, etc.) Amy Adams was solid, and Christian Bale was also quite good, but there's just no way it's a Top 5 picture of the year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 1, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)
Maybe I missed something, but I watched Lone Survivor and American Hustle back-to-back and I'm 100% sure that Lone Survivor was a better picture.

I'm just not getting all the love for American Hustle. I don't think I've ever disliked Bradley Cooper or Jennifer Lawrence as much as I did in this picture (yes, I know, they made themselves unlikable, not easy for them to do...great performance, etc.) Amy Adams was solid, and Christian Bale was also quite good, but there's just no way it's a Top 5 picture of the year.

Agree completely.

http://screenrant.com/female-expendables-movie/

Cast for female Expendables? How much interest is there for a movie like this?

Lone Survivor... I cried... Like 4 times. I'm a sucker for war movies.

It didn't get to me like Saving Private Ryan, for example, but it was a lot more emotional than Zero Dark Thirty. Black Hawk Down is about the closest comparison for it (the post 1990's wars) that I can think of off the top of my head. Act of Valor, last year's SEALS movie, wasn't nearly as good...not even close.

Just started watching Redford's ALL IS LOST.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 1, 2014 -> 06:46 PM)
http://screenrant.com/female-expendables-movie/

Cast for female Expendables? How much interest is there for a movie like this?

Lone Survivor... I cried... Like 4 times. I'm a sucker for war movies.

It didn't get to me like Saving Private Ryan, for example, but it was a lot more emotional than Zero Dark Thirty. Black Hawk Down is about the closest comparison for it (the post 1990's wars) that I can think of off the top of my head. Act of Valor, last year's SEALS movie, wasn't nearly as good...not even close.

Just started watching Redford's ALL IS LOST.

I'd probably pass on seeing the female version but I couldn't be certain until I saw a trailer for it and who's actually in it. Give me Angelina Jolie and I'm in!

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jan 1, 2014 -> 09:09 PM)
I'd probably pass on seeing the female version but I couldn't be certain until I saw a trailer for it and who's actually in it. Give me Angelina Jolie and I'm in!

I think she has too much pride in herself and her career to take a movie role (and paycheck) like that...although she would be a better fit than someone like Julia Roberts or Meg Ryan, who have never done action movies like Tomb Raider.

Surprised they didn't have Uma Thurman or Lucy Liu listed as possibilities.

Helen Mirren or Judi Dench would be good, as well, as the operations commander.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 12:18 AM)
Watched Blackfish for a second time tonight. Really great and eye opening documentary. Plus the fact that I know the niece of the woman who was recently killed at Seaworld.

I noticed there was a f***ton of extra security next to the Sea World Rose Parade float yesterday.