2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 12:18 PM)
Probably a dumb question, but I assume a PS+ membership is valid across multiple consoles, right?

Yeah - that's the point. I need PS+ to play online with PS4 (though I haven't taken Killzone or NBA 2k14 online just yet), so I took the plunge for $49.99 for the year. I've already been able to download Uncharted 3 ($39.99) and BioShock Infinite ($39.99), which I hadn't been able to play yet for PS3, as well as the surprisingly exceptional Resogun ($14.99) for PS4.

PS+ was a very smart decision, and I still have 11+ months left of it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)
Yeah - that's the point. I need PS+ to play online with PS4 (though I haven't taken Killzone or NBA 2k14 online just yet), so I took the plunge for $49.99 for the year. I've already been able to download Uncharted 3 ($39.99) and BioShock Infinite ($39.99), which I hadn't been able to play yet for PS3, as well as the surprisingly exceptional Resogun ($14.99) for PS4.

PS+ was a very smart decision, and I still have 11+ months left of it.

Yeah, it's such a great deal. It's opened me up to other games I wouldn't have played otherwise. Since they were free I had nothing to lose. Resogun is good fun too.

I just downloaded "Grid 2" on PS3 for free with PS+. Man, what a better game than I was expecting. I haven't played a racing game since....Need for Speed Underground 2 for PS2 I think. Grid 2 is deeper and more involved than I figured a FREE game would (Only free with PS+, though).

I looked it up on IGN, and it actually did get an 8.0/8.2 rating, so others agree, I'm just surprised I had never heard of it. A decent amount of races take place in the streets of Chicago, which is cool, and despite giving you a REWIND clock to use, the game is rather difficult to master. All the cars are real, there are tons of real sponsors, and there are even billboards that say "ESPN" on them. One of the cooler aspects is the presentation that shows what people are tweeting about you, and people texting each other, and it shows multiple Youtube pages full of videos that fans took at these events.

Easily for the free download if anyone needs a new game to play.

http://www.ign.com/games/grid-2/xbox-360-82121

Seriously, I've been playing Grid 2 for 5+ straight hours. The graphics are beautiful.

EDIT: Haha, I just finished my first tournament hosted by a new racing company that I have become the main driver for. After the championship ended the game goes "Da da da, da da duuuh", and the actual SportsCenter intro opens up and it goes to the real sports desk with an anchor talking about the future of racing and this new company we founded. They then bring in an expert and talk about the topic. This is all live-action filmed content from SportsCenter. It's so cool. It's the s*** I always wanted with those ESPN 2K football games, but instead I get it in some random racing game I had never heard of 24 hours ago. This game is dope.

Edited by Chilihead90

Youre welcome Steve.

Yeah I had fun with Grid. Personally i think the best free game right now is Dragons Dogma. Kind of a Skyrim lite. Sonic Racing is supposed to be awesome to but haven't checked to see if it's up yet.

Problem is I now need a big upgrade to my PS3 hard drive.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:46 PM)
I just downloaded "Grid 2" on PS3 for free with PS+. Man, what a better game than I was expecting. I haven't played a racing game since....Need for Speed Underground 2 for PS2 I think. Grid 2 is deeper and more involved than I figured a FREE game would (Only free with PS+, though).

I looked it up on IGN, and it actually did get an 8.0/8.2 rating, so others agree, I'm just surprised I had never heard of it. A decent amount of races take place in the streets of Chicago, which is cool, and despite giving you a REWIND clock to use, the game is rather difficult to master. All the cars are real, there are tons of real sponsors, and there are even billboards that say "ESPN" on them. One of the cooler aspects is the presentation that shows what people are tweeting about you, and people texting each other, and it shows multiple Youtube pages full of videos that fans took at these events.

Easily for the free download if anyone needs a new game to play.

http://www.ign.com/games/grid-2/xbox-360-82121

I'm glad you posted this. I'm having trouble pulling myself away from NBA 2k14, but it's always nice to have games in your back pocket.

Just finished "Season 2" of the WSR league in Grid 2. And it cut to another SportsCenter broadcast. Seems to be that after every season they do this recap of the sport. The driving in this game is so slick. Although it sure is taking a while to get to some premium cars. Maybe that's a good thing, but I just now received the best car of my 18 cars, and it's a Nissan Nismo R34GT-R Z-Tune with only about 60% top speed bar, 50% acceleration, and 50% power. I wonder what cars I'll get when all these bars are pushing 100%. Really crossing my fingers I come across a Tesla Roadster at some point.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
It also sounds like this will eventually kill of the home console industry since it can work on non Sony devices.

What Sony should do is put remote play on smart phones. I don't have fast enough internet on my phone (or at home even) to stream HD video and provide real-time input from a non-local server. I'll happily use my phone or tablet to play PS3/PS4 games at home though.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 02:30 PM)
What Sony should do is put remote play on smart phones. I don't have fast enough internet on my phone (or at home even) to stream HD video and provide real-time input from a non-local server. I'll happily use my phone or tablet to play PS3/PS4 games at home though.

I'm not sure I understand this. So you want to play a game at home on your phone in the same place your console is? How are you going to control a game on your phone?