Calling it.

hi8is

That would be neat if you are right. Generally, however, a team doesn't suck radically at home on a homestand and go do something that you suggest is possible. Rather I think a 3-7 road trip is more likely. Or 2-8.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2015 -> 01:47 AM)
That would be neat if you are right. Generally, however, a team doesn't suck radically at home on a homestand and go do something that you suggest is possible. Rather I think a 3-7 road trip is more likely. Or 2-8.

Pretty sure there are 11 games in 10 days (DH in Baltimore Thurs), next Monday is an off-day.

Toronto, Baltimore, Houston and the Rangers.

Two teams scuffling (granted, when's the last time we swept in Sky Dome, not sure it has ever happened...maybe 2005-06) and then two teams playing pretty darned well in Texas/Houston.

4-7 wouldn't be a total surprise.

Edited by caulfield12

Everything should be on the table if they win 2 or 3 games

[/quote Pitching, hitting, fielding and base running are what makes baseball interesting to watch. Failing in the first 3 makes base running a moot point. Is there anything positive to say about the Sox's recent performances. If you can't hit and score runs there is little reason to watch the slaughter.

Edited by sammy esposito

4-7 or 3-8 is probably the two most likely outcomes of this road trip. 5-6 or 2-9 being the next candidates.

If this road trip goes the way I think it will, they are likely 10 games out of 1st place by early June. Everyday that goes by means Samardzia has less value with his contract status so Hahn will need to be in a spot where a major decision will need to be made early.

It's hard to see the White Sox getting major value for him if they wait until end of July. It's easier to see the team getting good value with a move in early June should the wheels fall off.

If the White Sox just tread water, say 5-6 on this road trip, and are 8 games back, what then? The same questions still apply.

If Hahn wants to resign a guy who won't talk until free agency hits, do they take that risk? They would get a draft pick back in that scenario (to my understanding).

So, a major decision looms

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 25, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
HEY.

He said 10 of the next 11.

10 game win streak, leggo.

If they don't do it... my hopes are all done for 2015. Pretty much is equivalent to saying officially, I've given up. :angry:

QUOTE (spiderman @ May 26, 2015 -> 06:44 PM)
4-7 or 3-8 is probably the two most likely outcomes of this road trip. 5-6 or 2-9 being the next candidates.

If this road trip goes the way I think it will, they are likely 10 games out of 1st place by early June. Everyday that goes by means Samardzia has less value with his contract status so Hahn will need to be in a spot where a major decision will need to be made early.

It's hard to see the White Sox getting major value for him if they wait until end of July. It's easier to see the team getting good value with a move in early June should the wheels fall off.

If the White Sox just tread water, say 5-6 on this road trip, and are 8 games back, what then? The same questions still apply.

If Hahn wants to resign a guy who won't talk until free agency hits, do they take that risk? They would get a draft pick back in that scenario (to my understanding).

So, a major decision looms

Good post. Trade Shark and Robertson NOW and get a huge ass haul in return.

I've learned my lesson to subscribe to MLB.tv monthly rather than yearly, sadly. That 6 game streak gave me false hopes. Is there anyway to just play the Brewers and A's all the time?! The Twins piss me off the most. That's where I expected to be after this off-season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
Good post. Trade Shark and Robertson NOW and get a huge ass haul in return.

Can we please stop talking about trading Robertson? It is just not going to happen. I can't keep looking at this. You cried for a year and a half about the Sox trading Addison Reed and now you want to trade Robertson?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 27, 2015 -> 07:31 AM)
Can we please stop talking about trading Robertson? It is just not going to happen. I can't keep looking at this. You cried for a year and a half about the Sox trading Addison Reed and now you want to trade Robertson?

DON'T EVER MOVE CLOSERS IF WE HAD REED WE WOULD HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP NOW.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 27, 2015 -> 07:31 AM)

I award this round to Jimmy in a knockout.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 25, 2015 -> 08:31 AM)
5-6 is the best they can do. Most likely 4-7 3-8 the metrices have a negative WAR hitting team. This team is epically bad.

6-5 would be really nice.

It would not solve anything one way or another in regard to the seasonal outlook.

This team could win the next six or lose the next six.