Pulse Nightclub Shooting in Orlando

pettie4sox

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/omar-mateen-...tive-terrorism/

Mateen, 29, is a U.S. citizen of Afghani descent from Port St. Lucie, Florida, according to CBS News. He has ties to radical Islamic ideology, CBS reports.

Port St. Lucie is about 125 miles away from Orlando.

Trump campaign is going to have something to distract the media again this week...Florida going through two incidents in one week, the other one the shooting of Christina Grimmie by a stranger.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 08:53 AM)
Omar Mateen was the suspect. FBI investigating for Islamic ties.

News said he's Muslim American and was very tactical and prepared.

That's a huge jump in casualties. Read about one guy texting his mom during. They don't know if he survived but last text was something about the shooter is here. He was hiding in the bathroom.

50?

That's a huge jump from 20. Wonder how they could be so far off...?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/speci...t-us-shootings/

That would be the biggest mass shooting in American history, by 18. Blacksburg/VA Tech was 32.

Paris was 128. I think the largest before that was the Madrid train bombing.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
Senseless tragedy.

I'm sure Trump will double down on his call to ban Muslims from the country.

He tweeted something before they even released the shooters name.

1) Ban on all Muslims from outside the US from receiving business/tourist/student visas.

2) All Muslim-Americans sent back to their country of origin.

3) Trump brings the apocryphal post 9/11 movie THE SIEGE with Denzel Washington and Bruce Willis to reality.

4) Trump fans the anti-immigrant flames and turns America isolationist...withdraws all US troops from abroad.

As much as it seems to be ridiculous, you can bet all these scenarios will play out in the coming months...especially with San Bernardino, Paris, Charlie Hebdo

I'm pretty sure, from a little internet detective work, that PULSE in Orlando is a gay nightclub (like the one Dave Wilder used to run in Phoenix).

Customers seem to be mostly African-American.

That's going to throw a whole different slant on this thing. Every political side will use it for their own purposes, obviously.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/...-club/85785762/

One of the owners of the gay nightclub where multiple people were shot early Sunday in Orlando started the club to promote awareness about the area's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Her brother died from AIDS.

Barbara Poma opened Pulse on Orange Avenue in Orlando with her friend and co-founder Ron Legler in 2004. It hosts nightly themed performances as well as a monthly program of LGBT-related educational events.

Pulse refers to itself as "not just another gay club." Saturday night was Latin night.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
He tweeted something before they even released the shooters name.

I don't see it, what did he say?

Or do you mean he assumed it was a Muslim shooter?

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

It's also apparently gay pride month...

So this was more an anti-gay attack, although the motivation probably has to tie in with the Sharia law/religious aspects as well.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

Really bad shooting in Orlando. Police investigating possible terrorism. Many people dead and wounded.

That's what he has up right now...posted 2-3 hours ago.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
I don't see it, what did he say?

Or do you mean he assumed it was a Muslim shooter?

I reread the tweet and may have misinterpreted. He said police investigating terrorism or something.

In his mind, I still think he's loving the fact it was a Muslim.

The need for blood after a shooting at a gay nightclub resurfaced complaints on social media about limits on gay men’s ability to donate blood. In December, the Food and Drug Administration lifted a lifetime ban for gay men, but continued to prohibit men from donating if they had had sex with men in the past year.

Follow

Mo: Space Chicken @Moreh_SC

To the gay men who can't donate blood for our fallen brothers, just being there for each other is helping. Stick together. #PrayForOrlando

10:54 PM - 12 Jun 2016

35 35 Retweets 13 13 likes

Follow

John Barcus @johnrtworld

It’s legal to buy an AR-15 assault rifle. It’s illegal for a gay man to donate blood to victims of the massacre. The world makes no sense.

nytimes.com

These are our neighbors, our co workers, the guy or gal that makes our internet work, teaches our children, cooks our food, takes care of us when we are sick, we say hello on the sidewalk. Now fifty have been killed and we focus on the rippling affect throughout our society. Hopefully those ripples take out the hate, the blind f***ing hate in this world.

This is so upsetting. I've been in Tampa for 18 months and even though I lived in other areas of Florida, from age 9-33 I lived in Orlando. Orlando is my home. We have all seen the acts of terror and mass shootings and maybe I was naive in thinking this, but I really didn't think this could 20 miles from where I sit this second as I visit my parents for the weekend.

I don't think I know anyone but unfortunately I'll of know people who will be affected.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
Why is every post in here about Trump? Even as someone who only posts about Trump, that's embarassing.

I see 5 posts about Trump out of 22. He's the one that tweeted about terrorism so it's not unreasonable to talk about him.

Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart! Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 28m

Here's the problem, this isn't about radical Islamic terrorism, it's a hate crime. But the two will certainly be confused.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart! Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 28m

Here's the problem, this isn't about radical Islamic terrorism, it's a hate crime. But the two will certainly be confused.

Why not? All the gun control groups are already confusing it with the need for 'common sense gun laws', as if a 10 round magazine limit would stop some radical, gay hating terrorist asshole from shooting up a gay nightclub.