Sale switching Sox?

SoCalSox

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same reaction as you guys, but if you think about it. Kid's value has never been higher - you could command ANYTHING for him. And we all know there's a distinct possibility his arm falls off in the near future. Maybe it won't. Maybe he's a freak of nature. But we all know what happened to the other "Freak" (Lincecum).

Just saying, maybe...... maybe it's not as completely bat-s*** crazy as it sounds.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
I had the same reaction as you guys, but if you think about it. Kid's value has never been higher - you could command ANYTHING for him. And we all know there's a distinct possibility his arm falls off in the near future. Maybe it won't. Maybe he's a freak of nature. But we all know what happened to the other "Freak" (Lincecum).

Just saying, maybe...... maybe it's not as completely bat-s*** crazy as it sounds.

Nope. It is completely bat s*** crazy. Boston could offer their entire top 5 prospect list, and I would turn it down as not enough.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 03:45 PM)
Nope. It is completely bat s*** crazy. Boston could offer their entire top 5 prospect list, and I would turn it down as not enough.

I don't specifically mean Boston. I agree re: their prospects.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)

If Abreu tanked, Eaton sucked, and Quintana fell off the map, we may be talking about trading Sale right now.

It should be a non-thought at this point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 09:45 PM)

If the Sox trade Sale, they better make the other team take back Danks as well. If the Red Sox want to give the Sox Betts, Bogaerts, Swihart, and a few of their top pitching prospects for Danks and Sale, I think Hahn should do it.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 03:50 PM)
Any trade for Sale would have to be bananas and include multiple young MLB + players, not all prospects.

Absolutely. But with our payroll flexibility, you trade Sale at his highest possible value, AND sign one of the aces on the market like Scherzer, and you've just stacked your team in two moves.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
Absolutely. But with our payroll flexibility, you trade Sale at his highest possible value, AND sign one of the aces on the market like Scherzer, and you've just stacked your team in two moves.

Which is why unloading Danks' contract would be a must in any deal

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
Which is why unloading Danks' contract would be a must in any deal

No it shouldn't. Why lower the return just to get rid of Danks. It's dumb. Danks goes in a move for another overpaid player, or he is on the Sox. It is that simple. They're aren't going to do another "Teahen move" where they pair Danks with an asset just to get rid of him. Dumb dumb dumb.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)
No it shouldn't. Why lower the return just to get rid of Danks. It's dumb. Danks goes in a move for another overpaid player, or he is on the Sox. It is that simple. They're aren't going to do another "Teahen move" where they pair Danks with an asset just to get rid of him. Dumb dumb dumb.

You're not lowering the return by giving up Danks if you're going for all of the young "studs" they have in their organization.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)
What in the hell is all this talk about the Red Sox trading for Chris Sale?!

The best part is that the tweeter who claims to be on the inside, thinks the red sox can do it for 2nd and 3rd tier prospects. Red Sox fans have a sense of entitlement