Addison Russell drama

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 11:29 PM)
His wife posted the cheating part on Instagram and implied that they're splitting up. One of her close friends commented that he also hit her, in front of their kids.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVD2PIDAOJe

Apparently Russell's been struggling recently. This could explain that.

So much for the squeaky clean image of the Cubs.

Actually, most of their players are fairly likable...other than Arrieta, Lackey, Strop, and thankfully the Ross tour is over...plus you had Chapman's gun issues and now Russell. I suppose it's still a lot better (statistically) than the major problems with NCAA Div. 1 football and basketball teams. Then again, 100% "adults" should be held to a higher standard, as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 06:42 AM)
I wonder how Dicaro will cover the allegations of physical violence?

I'm gonna guess she'll claim that she won't root for cubs anymore. Then when they win in the postseason she still will.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 06:49 AM)
This really news? Figured everyone knew he was a cheater when he had two kids with two different woman less than a year apart. Oh, I guess the domestic violence is new though. Cubs fans will surely come to his support like they did with previous heros Aroldis Chapman & Starlin Castro.

Can confirm. My boss at my last company I worked for lives (maybe he moved out since?) in the same building as him and like 6 other Cubs players (it's a block from the stadium so it makes sense for some of the younger guys).

And I feel like adultery/cheating seems pretty obvious when players (any sports) are on the road anywhere from 7-10 months of the year. Isn't that one of the reasons Josh Fields wanted to retire after like his first year with us? Considering he had only played with the Sox at that point, obviously some players were banging women that were not their wives.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 06:55 AM)
Can confirm. My boss at my last company I worked for lives (maybe he moved out since?) in the same building as him and like 6 other Cubs players (it's a block from the stadium so it makes sense for some of the younger guys).

And I feel like adultery/cheating seems pretty obvious when players (any sports) are on the road anywhere from 7-10 months of the year. Isn't that why one of the reasons Josh Fields wanted to retire after like his first year with us?

I agree. If you only cheered for the guys who didn't cheat on their wives, you wouldn't like many guys. I always thought it was bizarre Tiger Woods got crucified for cheating on his wife. He is far from the exception to the rule.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 06:49 AM)
This really news? Figured everyone knew he was a cheater when he had two kids with two different woman less than a year apart. Oh, I guess the domestic violence is new though. Cubs fans will surely come to his support like they did with previous heros Aroldis Chapman & Starlin Castro.

The domestic violence is deplorable. I don't give a crap about adultery.

Julie DiCaro's response is best described as measured. She still talks about how uncomfortable the Chapman situation was.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 06:55 AM)

And I feel like adultery/cheating seems pretty obvious when players (any sports) are on the road anywhere from 7-10 months of the year. Isn't that one of the reasons Josh Fields wanted to retire after like his first year with us? Considering he had only played with the Sox at that point, obviously some players were banging women that were not their wives.

The thread has a bad title. The news isn't the adultery. No one cares about adultery. It's the domestic abuse claims that are the real problem here.

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 03:32 PM)
The domestic violence is deplorable. I don't give a crap about adultery.

Julie DiCaro's response is best described as measured. She still talks about how uncomfortable the Chapman situation was.

The thread has a bad title. The news isn't the adultery. No one cares about adultery. It's the domestic abuse claims that are the real problem here.

That is a sad commentary on society. :crying

When i was working in the MLB, NBA and NFL, the MLB was always the worst.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 03:49 PM)

Once the POTUS got caught in the Oval Office, the outrage had nowhere to go but down

Adultery is just as much as abuse to another human being as punching them in the face. If not worse.

You put that person at health risk and a lifetime worth of emotional scarring for most.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 03:49 PM)

It's not a crime. It's not particularly unnatural. I don't do it because many humans are predisposed to have single partners, but adultery is NOT a crime.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)
Adultery is just as much as abuse to another human being as punching them in the face. If not worse.

You put that person at health risk and a lifetime worth of emotional scarring for most.

That is, without a doubt, the most ridiculous thing I have read in this forum in some time. And I read greg's stuff.

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 06:02 PM)
It's not a crime. It's not particularly unnatural. I don't do it because many humans are predisposed to have single partners, but adultery is NOT a crime.

That is, without a doubt, the most ridiculous thing I have read in this forum in some time. And I read greg's stuff.

I smell what you are stepping in, but I think there is a key distinction here:

Monogamy and the institution of marriage are not entirely natural; many couples recognize this and work on relationships that are more understanding of this notion.

Adultery, however, is a betrayal of trust and indeed can cause the scars and pain mentioned by Shipps.

I may not agree with monogamy, and yet that is entirely different than committing adultery.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 08:19 PM)
I smell what you are stepping in, but I think there is a key distinction here:

Monogamy and the institution of marriage are not entirely natural; many couples recognize this and work on relationships that are more understanding of this notion.

Adultery, however, is a betrayal of trust and indeed can cause the scars and pain mentioned by Shipps.

I may not agree with monogamy, and yet that is entirely different than committing adultery.

Maybe, but violence is significantly more damaging. The mental effects of being physically harmed and fearing physical harm from your spouse is one of the worst traumas we can face.

Adultery, again, is NOT on the same level of deplorability as domestic violence. This is the real world. We are adults.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 06:26 PM)
Maybe, but violence is significantly more damaging. The mental effects of being physically harmed and fearing physical harm from your spouse is one of the worst traumas we can face.

Adultery, again, is NOT on the same level of deplorability as domestic violence. This is the real world. We are adults.

Yeah, I mean domestic abuse is a pretty broad term.

I suspect if you asked wives (or husbands for that matter) whether they would rather be shoved or even slapped by their husbands, they might choose this outcome over their spouses being engaged in infidelity.

But who knows...it is a case by case and relationship by relationship basis.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 08:02 PM)

Obviously you don't care about making a promise or a commitment to anyone or anything. Just because it's not a CRIME doesn't mean it's not a crappy way to treat people and and show an utter lack of respect to another person.

If it has to be a CRIME to be wrong, I can see way some people have the moral/ethical difficulties in the world. I just don't get it.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 08:26 PM)

If you think that anything that is not a CRIME is fine. I have an issue with the above statement.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 06:26 PM)

He did mention health risks. So, if you are particularly reckless (or really unlucky), you could expose your partner to countless diseases.

You could also end up with an child out of wedlock. That's a lifetime reminder of your infidelity.

Obviously physical spousal abuse and cheating are much different, but emotional scars are still scars.

We're getting off topic here, but I guess in the conversation of physical abuse vs. adultery being worse, or more scarring, I guess I would say if each only happened once, adultery is worse. If it's repeated, then physical abuse would be worse, IN MY OPINION.

I feel like if someone could choose to be slapped by their wife/husband, or their wife/husband f*** their friend, each only once, they would take the slap. But if it's REPEATED cheating, then I feel like you are probably dumb for staying, and the initial shock has already happened. Repeated physical abuse though becomes potentially physically dangerous and can create a hostile environment in which the victim is scared to leave and would rather continue to be abused for fear of what worse could be done.

Either way, garbage behavior in both instances.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 01:52 AM)
We're getting off topic here, but I guess in the conversation of physical abuse vs. adultery being worse, or more scarring, I guess I would say if each only happened once, adultery is worse. If it's repeated, then physical abuse would be worse, IN MY OPINION.

I feel like if someone could choose to be slapped by their wife/husband, or their wife/husband f*** their friend, each only once, they would take the slap. But if it's REPEATED cheating, then I feel like you are probably dumb for staying, and the initial shock has already happened. Repeated physical abuse though becomes potentially physically dangerous and can create a hostile environment in which the victim is scared to leave and would rather continue to be abused for fear of what worse could be done.

Either way, garbage behavior in both instances.

Except how often is it limited to just a slap? That's too simplistic a trade...broken jaws, arms, ribs, fractured eye sockets, that's closer to reality.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 04:59 AM)
Except how often is it limited to just a slap? That's too simplistic a trade...broken jaws, arms, ribs, fractured eye sockets, that's closer to reality.

Agreed. Also, the accusation is that he struck her in front of their children.

If anyone here holds adultery and violence against women on the same level, they need to recalibrate their morality.