September 11th Memorials

Texsox

The owners of the company I worked for were flying in to shut down my office after our new owners shifted geographical responsibilities. Their plane was grounded and they had to fire everyone over the phone.

I am choosing to think about the folks on Flight 93 which crashed in Pennsylvania. They always seem to be overlooked as we focus on the slow motion horror of the Twin Towers.

I remember watching a scene in Mad Men where a Japanese business comes in and Roger goes off on them about WWII.

I was watching it probably 6-7 years ago and thinking, many it's 20 years later were people still holding on to that?

And now it's 15 years later, and in some ways it feels that length of time ago, in others it's just too powerful to ignore.

I will say now having lived in a city for years, and at the time having lived in a suburb for my whole life and rarely ventured into city, this resonates a lot more to me now.