Garfien Podcast with KW

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 02:06 PM)

KW mentioned a specific pitcher had "the thing" (trouble throwing to bases) from a game he pulled up on July 23rd. I just checked, and sure enough Tyler Glasnow started for the Pirates that day and lasted 3 innings.

Edited by Soha

QUOTE (Soha @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 03:26 PM)
KW mentioned a specific pitcher had "the thing" (trouble throwing to bases) from a game he pulled up on July 23rd. I just checked, and sure enough Tyler Glasnow started for the Pirates that day and lasted 3 innings.

well its really easy to just click on the box score and see that glasnow didnt make a throwing error that day. I was under the impression that he was just throwing that date out as a general example. I do wonder who the pitcher was, but i doubt that it was glasnow who had only 2 minor league errors last year

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 02:41 PM)
well its really easy to just click on the box score and see that glasnow didnt make a throwing error that day. I was under the impression that he was just throwing that date out as a general example. I do wonder who the pitcher was, but i doubt that it was glasnow who had only 2 minor league errors last year

Hmm maybe. Or it could have been ruled a hit and no extra base taken. Who knows.

Things I found interesting-

Kenny has largely stepped away from the day to day stuff, and does more player evaluation than anything else on a day to day basis. Rick does the leg work and then brings names to Kenny to look at and evaluate.

Kenny also went to great lengths to stay away from speaking on many details of the day to day stuff, saying it was up to Hahn to talk about it, if he wanted to do so.

Kenny also said that nothing in the way of a Q trade has been presented to him from Rick Hahn. With the way he said it (using a present tense in "wants to do", not "wanted to do"), I think he meant currently, but he could well have been saying they have never gotten to the upper management level of a Quintana trade proposal. (starting at the 21:20 mark of the podcast for anyone else who wants to listen

QUOTE (Soha @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 02:26 PM)

Not sure he was serious about the date, he could well have been just talking in general and put a date in there to make the story work.