Hillary

greg775

Why were the papers talking about the next election already on Monday? Why are they talking about Hillary running again? She stands NO CHANCE in my opinion. Do you all agree? No offense to Hillary but she, on TV, comes across as a classic b---h. And I think it's been well documented she may really be a b---h. You can't win an election if you don't look good on TV and sorry Hillary you do not look good on TV.

Is she really gonna be the democrat's candidate? That's an automatic loss for the democrats next election.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 02:42 AM)
Why were the papers talking about the next election already on Monday? Why are they talking about Hillary running again? She stands NO CHANCE in my opinion. Do you all agree? No offense to Hillary but she, on TV, comes across as a classic b---h. And I think it's been well documented she may really be a b---h. You can't win an election if you don't look good on TV and sorry Hillary you do not look good on TV.

Is she really gonna be the democrat's candidate? That's an automatic loss for the democrats next election.

Wanna bet on it?

Who does the GOP have? A year ago, I would've said Chris Christie but Republicans seems to be leaning against him because he seems more central/left these days.

You have to look good on TV? Not sure where you got that from.

I think the big question is someone tell me what she has actually accomplished, besides getting elected Senator and being appointed to a position or two. Oh yeah, she got some people killed in Bengazi. But seriously, what has she done? You can't by any stretch call her run at State as a success. Her Senatorial career was anything BUT notable. And as First Lady she had what, Travelgate? HIllarycare? I don't think you have to worry about the Republican opponent, she won't make it out of the primary. Although if she is only opposed by Biden it will be a tough choice: idiot or bigger idiot.

She would basically be a referendum on the Obama Administration which to anyone who's been paying any sort of attention has been a colossal failure. She'll put up a fight though, she's got the right last name and like what has happened the past two elections people will vote for the historical first woman president at the expense of our country.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 02:42 AM)

what world do you live in?

because I live in the world where the GOP has no viable options. Ted Cruz? Chris Christie? Marco Rubio? please. Clinton would wipe the floor with all three.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 06:16 AM)
I think the big question is someone tell me what she has actually accomplished, besides getting elected Senator and being appointed to a position or two. Oh yeah, she got some people killed in Bengazi. But seriously, what has she done? You can't by any stretch call her run at State as a success. Her Senatorial career was anything BUT notable. And as First Lady she had what, Travelgate? HIllarycare? I don't think you have to worry about the Republican opponent, she won't make it out of the primary. Although if she is only opposed by Biden it will be a tough choice: idiot or bigger idiot.

i'm so excited that this is the GOP view - because it means a landslide victory for dems.

Yall realize the GOP is never winning another presidential race until they fix their hispanic problem right?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
what world do you live in?

because I live in the world where the GOP has no viable options. Ted Cruz? Chris Christie? Marco Rubio? please. Clinton would wipe the floor with all three.

The irony is that in early 1992 Bill Clinton wasn't a viable option either.

Hillary has a great chance to run and be elected President.

But trying to predict who her opponent will be or how well they could do, is a fools errand. Im pretty sure in 2004/5 no one was saying "Obama is going to be a major player in the 08 election".

3-4 years in politics is a long long time.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)

But trying to predict who her opponent will be or how well they could do, is a fools errand. Im pretty sure in 2004/5 no one was saying "Obama is going to be a major player in the 08 election".

You know...after his 2004 convention speech, I think a whole lot of people thought there was a shot. I think I was in that boat.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
A shot.

Id say Christie, Rubio, etc fall into that category.

I disagree. I think it has to be someone no one has heard of yet. Rand Paul is too polarizing, midwesterners hate Christie, Rubio comes off as fake and can't speak, and Cruz is a nutjob.

But yes, 3 years is quite a long time in politics

I think Christie is a lock to win the general if he can get past the primaries. Somebody needs to convince right-win Republican voters that one of "their guys" has zero chance at getting elected and if they don't go along with Christie they are handing the election to Hillary.

I think Christie is a lock to win the general if he can get past the primaries. Somebody needs to convince right-win Republican voters that one of "their guys" has zero chance at getting elected and if they don't go along with Christie they are handing the election to Hillary.

Wont happen. Same thing was said with McCain and Romney, people are sick of it. It's going to be a Paul/Cruz or Cruz/Paul ticket and there's nothing that's really going to stop it. Christie isn't even going to enter the primaries.

Wont happen. Same thing was said with McCain and Romney, people are sick of it. It's going to be a Paul/Cruz or Cruz/Paul ticket and there's nothing that's really going to stop it. Christie isn't even going to enter the primaries.

Well, Christie >>> McCain/Romney, plus with the added benefit of not having to go up against Obama.

Well, Christie >>> McCain/Romney, plus with the added benefit of not having to go up against Obama.

Until the Democrats lose control of the presidency every election from 2008-on will be a referendum on Obama.

Besides, Christie's health is a major issue. Moreso than McCain's age was.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 11:10 AM)

Christie will enter the primaries, however like I said, he doesn't poll well outside the east coast, where people don't really appreciate his "don't like me, well screw you" attitude.

and fortunately Cruz will be easy to beat.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 11:33 AM)
The irony is that in early 1992 Bill Clinton wasn't a viable option either.

And Hillary saved his campaign, in many ways.

Folks should learn about her relationship with Bill. Hillary has always intended to be President, has always been qualified for it, was more qualified than her husband, and since the relationship's infancy they were more like political partners than romantic ones. They always had the goal of mutually enriching their political careers.

I have worked with academia's leading Clinton historian (it's funny how precise these things can be) so I have lots of fun nuggets about those two.

Anyways, Hillary is statistically the most popular politician in America.

If there is to be an amended version of what a natural-born citizen is, it will make Ted Cruz a non-citizen. He was born in Canada to a family that had no immediate intentions of returning to the USA. I had no idea you could be considered "natural-born" in that case. He's natural-born by blood only, which is kind of funny.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
If there is to be an amended version of what a natural-born citizen is, it will make Ted Cruz a non-citizen. He was born in Canada to a family that had no immediate intentions of returning to the USA. I had no idea you could be considered "natural-born" in that case. He's natural-born by blood only, which is kind of funny.

But Obama's Kenyan

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 12:10 PM)

That will make Reagan's victory over Mondale look close.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
i'm so excited that this is the GOP view - because it means a landslide victory for dems.

Yall realize the GOP is never winning another presidential race until they fix their hispanic problem right?

So what has she done? besides marry Bill?