Soxtalk 20-team League

As the title of the thread says, I would like to throw my hat in the ring and offer my services to run Soxtalk's first 20-team league.

For the past 6 years now, I've been running two other 20-team leagues and they're very successful and very competitive each year. Two Soxtalk members are regular members of my leagues and they can vouch for how I run a tight ship. :)

This year I'm changing the scoring categories in all my leagues from the typical 5x5 to 6x6, which will incorporate runs, home runs, rbi's, stolen bases, average, obp, wins, k's, saves, holds, era, and whip.

I'll be going ahead and creating the official Soxtalk 20-team league and posting the information in the post below. I'll pm invites to active soxtalk members, and if you're interested please let me know and i'll send you an invite.

Edited by SouthsideDon48

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here's the information about the scoring and setting of Soxtalk's official 20-team league:

Scoring & Settings

Setting Value

League ID#: ***PM me for league ID***

League Name: SoxTalk 20Team Baseball League

Password: soxtalk

Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/soxtalk20

Season Type: Full

Draft Type: Live Standard Draft

Draft Time: Fri Mar 4 9:15pm CST [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams: 20

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them View List of Forced Players

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: August 14, 2011

Allow Draft Pick Trades: No

Waiver Time: 2 days

Waiver Type: Continual rolling list

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: Commissioner

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum

Min Innings Pitched: 9

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (8 teams)

Note: Week 25 runs 10 days from Sep 19 to Sep 28

Divisions: No

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, RP, RP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
27 roster spots in a 20-team league? That's 540 players. Too much!

Actually, it's really 25 roster spots with 2 DL spots for players that get injured during the season. That way you can have a playable 25-man roster at all times similar to the real-life mlb, and you can save your injured players by DL'ing them instead of dropping them.

20-team leagues are deeper, when you reach the 20th-25th rounds of the draft, it helps to know some lesser-known players to round out your bench.

In this league, the Juan Uribes of the world has value. :)

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 01:19 AM)
Sorry, I have no interest in playing with 6 relievers.

Actually, you don't have to use 6 relievers. You have a lot of flexibility in how you decide to run your team. Just because there's 6 relief pitcher spots doesn't mean they have to be filled. I've been running 20-team leagues for the past 6 years now with the exact same position settings and I never had more than 2 or 3 relief pitchers. I always had 3 or 4 of my relief pitcher spots vacant and ended up putting extra starting pitchers and batters on the banch for more depth. I know I just gave away way too much free strategy there, but the point I'm trying to make is that you don't have to fill the relief pitcher spots if you don't want to.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 19, 2011 -> 02:54 AM)
I'm in, Don. I'm counting on you when you say the draft shouldn't take anymore than 3 hours. Lol. It's cool if it does, though.

Once again, thanks for joining, Jordan. :) I hope everyone shows up for the draft, because when everyone does it's much more quicker. :)

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
Update: We currently have 19 teams. We need just 1 more. :)

Hey, Don. I think I have a guy that's interested in joining. Should I give him the info? I ask because I'm not sure if you're holding out for somebody, it being your league and all. But I'll be sure to let him know not to join if he's not going to be active all year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 02:02 AM)
Hey, Don. I think I have a guy that's interested in joining. Should I give him the info? I ask because I'm not sure if you're holding out for somebody, it being your league and all. But I'll be sure to let him know not to join if he's not going to be active all year.

Hey Jordan,

Thanks for referring your friend. We already got 20 teams though, the 20th guy Reddy joined last night. So we're all good. We finally got 20. :)

Once again, thanks for the referral.

• 2 weeks later...