SoxNet: Minnie Minoso documentary

Quin

QUOTE (oldsox @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 08:34 PM)
Minnie captivated me when he joined the Sox in 1951. I was pretty young, but old enough to know we had something special. I still use his name on various passwords.

While looking through the archives of papers, my favorite quote about him in 1951 is that he had "catchers around the league jumping more than a Communist at a Senate hearing"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 2, 2017 -> 11:48 AM)
Kickstarter isn't done yet, so feel free to donate.

Too bad someone can't get this in front of Alexi, Abreu, or Moncada. They'd gladly drop some coin. Hope it goes off well and ends up getting bought by some network.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 12, 2017 -> 07:08 PM)
Too bad someone can't get this in front of Alexi, Abreu, or Moncada. They'd gladly drop some coin. Hope it goes off well and ends up getting bought by some network.

All three have been/will be interviewed for it, but it's not something on their radar.

Trying to get MLB Network to take it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
17 hours ago, Quinarvy said:

As a long overdue update: It's still being worked on and looking for an actual publisher. If anyone wants extra details, feel free to DM me. 

Have you contacted the negro league museum ? I think your film would be a great addition to what ss2k5 posted above, the la vida baseball exhibit.

Also seems perfect for PBS . And as far as exposure goes have your tried a Wayne's World approach like public access TV ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
More content