Cinch It Up And Hunker Down

AddisonStSox

It's all about to happen. Whether it's Burnett, a guy like Lilly, a bullpen arm like Everyday Eddie or Billy Wagner, or for someone we never saw coming, the Sox will have some new names on the 25-man roster by tomorrow night.

What do you think? Kenny's been quiet for about a week now, having not spoken to the media and we know that to be a pretty accurate tell-tale sign that something is stirring.

So, to all you posters that enjoy discussing potential members of the White Sox more than celebrating the current roster, cinch it up and hunker down, cause something is happening.

Real quick--one or two sentence replies--who's it going to be?

Which MLB player will be playing for our belov'ed White Sox by the trade deadline and who's sent packing? What's the move?

...something else we need to keep a very close eye on coming down the wire

White Sox place 3B Joe Crede on the 15-Day-DL.

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
why do you think it'll be so soon?

Meh. Hunch.

If not this weekend, then I have no idea when. It's all about striking at the perfect time at this point in the season. You don't want to go out and overpay for a guy early just to get him on your roster, but by the same token, you don't want to sit back and watch three or four other teams come in and start a bidding war.

EDIT: For some reason, I just see the White Sox introducing a new member of the White Sox during the first game of the Tigers series, very similar to the first Everett/Alomar trades.

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
Is this a fact or are you just speculating?

Pure speculation. I'm just praying Crede can get "back" in the lineup soon otherwise the Sox will get anxious to fill that spot on the 25 man roster with someone that can contribute. Believe it or not, gang, the Sox need Crede in the second-half.

I don't see what putting Crede on the DL would do.

He said himself that this problem is going to bother him the rest of the year but he's going to try and play through it. Doesn't sound like something that is going to dramatically improve with an extended period of rest.

Hell unless the guy is hurt to the point of needing rehab or surgery, I'd like to keep him on the team and let him play 3-4 games a week with Ozuna getting the rest of the duties. He'd even be valuable in games which he didn't start as a late inning defensive replacement for Ozuna. Personally I don't see Crede going to the disabled list.

Or a trade going down this weekend or next week for that matter, at least not one of giant proportions.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
I don't see what putting Crede on the DL would do.

He said himself that this problem is going to bother him the rest of the year but he's going to try and play through it.  Doesn't sound like something that is going to dramatically improve with an extended period of rest.

Hell unless the guy is hurt to the point of needing rehab or surgery, I'd like to keep him on the team and let him play 3-4 games a week with Ozuna getting the rest of the duties.  He'd even be valuable in games which he didn't start as a late inning defensive replacement for Ozuna.  Personally I don't see Crede going to the disabled list.

Or a trade going down this weekend or next week for that matter, at least not one of giant proportions.

IF Crede can only play 3-4 games a week, we need a backup 3b other than Ozuna.