8/30 Doubleheader vs Tigers

flavum

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (venom4789 @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 12:30 PM)
could be a long day for the white sox, how has sale looked his last few starts, one of my friends thinks he maybe hurt, but he is also my same friend who thought alexie ramirez was on steriods.

Sale has gotten much worse since he tweaked his windup and starter throwing 96/97. I think those are the problems.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 12:23 PM)
And it's a double-edged sword...on one hand, you'll take the losses because of the pick. On the other hand, if the Sox just mail it in like last year, what does that say about the leadership (or lack of leadership) of this team?

It doesn't appear we have any. For instance, the fat POS playing 1B today, messing around with the first guy to get a single. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like that stuff. Abreu basically has a non-stop conversation with anyone that speaks Spanish over there too.

QUOTE (1dog @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
It doesn't appear we have any. For instance, the fat POS playing 1B today, messing around with the first guy to get a single. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like that stuff. Abreu basically has a non-stop conversation with anyone that speaks Spanish over there too.

That's just part of the game. Did you play baseball as a kid? Every time you're in the field and your friend is standing on the base closest to you, you guys chat.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 05:31 PM)
Sale has gotten much worse since he tweaked his windup and starter throwing 96/97. I think those are the problems.

His fastball command has been poor for about a month. He's been good enough to get away with it, but he's definitely not as crisp as he was earlier in the year.

QUOTE (1dog @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)

I cannot STAND all of the grabass that goes on now. Two players can't stand next to each other with patting each other on the ass. It's bulls***.

The first base chat---yeah, that's going to happen. But a guy hits a double, and an infielder is yukking it up with the guy as he's throwing the ball back to the pitcher? Nah. Don't like it.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 12:31 PM)

He has lost a fair amount of accuracy since he started throwing harder every game. Both of HRs were belt high strikes to good hitters, those will get hit hard every time no matter how hard they're thrown.