Loaiza deals, Sox win 5-0

BobDylan

Looks like Buehrle's gonna have a battle for top spot here if Cy-Lo continues like THAT!!! And that's a good battle to be fighting...Willie Harris started it all out right and our bats never gave up on it. It was great not to have to see Botch out there and that Konerko went opposite field. Jose's looking better at the plate too. Hopefully Frank isn't hurt too badly, because we need him hitting cleanup!

Bring on the Yankees!!!

Looks like Buehrle's gonna have a battle for top spot here if Cy-Lo continues like THAT!!!  And that's a good battle to be fighting...Willie Harris started it all out right and our bats never gave up on it.  It was great not to have to see Botch out there and that Konerko went opposite field.  Jose's looking better at the plate too.  Hopefully Frank isn't hurt too badly, because we need him hitting cleanup!

Bring on the Yankees!!!

One thing that is good about intra-rotation rivalries is that it brings up the intensity level a notch. Hopefully those two try really hard all season to outdo each other and bring Garland along for the ride.

One thing that is good about intra-rotation rivalries is that it brings up the intensity level a notch.  Hopefully those two try really hard all season to outdo each other and bring Garland along for the ride.

I think that is how it will work. At least I hope so!

Looks like Buehrle's gonna have a battle for top spot here if Cy-Lo continues like THAT!!!  And that's a good battle to be fighting...Willie Harris started it all out right and our bats never gave up on it.  It was great not to have to see Botch out there and that Konerko went opposite field.  Jose's looking better at the plate too.  Hopefully Frank isn't hurt too badly, because we need him hitting cleanup!

Bring on the Yankees!!!

There will never be a battle for the top spot, we all know that Mark is the chosen one... :P

There will never be a battle for the top spot, we all know that Mark is the chosen one... :P

Nothin like a bit of healthy competition though. I am feelin a lot betta about our rotation this week than I was leadin into the season even though it is still only very early in the year. Buerhle and Loaiza look very capable of winnin 15-20 games and postin a sub 4.00 ERA, Garland if he control his BB's and throw strikes should also hav a good year. Shoe was the big question mark, but he seems to hav figured out how to throw the cutter and the changeup that he'd been workin on in spring training. And I'm not givin up on Dan Wright yet either.

Nothin like a bit of healthy competition though. I am feelin a lot betta about our rotation this week than I was leadin into the season even though it is still only very early in the year. Buerhle and Loaiza look very capable of winnin 15-20 games and postin a sub 4.00 ERA, Garland if he control his BB's and throw strikes should also hav a good year. Shoe was the big question mark, but he seems to hav figured out how to throw the cutter and the changeup that he'd been workin on in spring training. And I'm not givin up on Dan Wright yet either.

I was obviously joking there Mr. DBAH0, but you are right on about the staff and echo my sentiments about where they stand at this point. My only thing would be to let Wright make one, maybe two more starts and if he isn't successful, then you let Cotts have his chance to start.

I was obviously joking there Mr. DBAH0, but you are right on about the staff and echo my sentiments about where they stand at this point.  My only thing would be to let Wright make one, maybe two more starts and if he isn't successful, then you let Cotts have his chance to start.

Don't worry Aboz, I know u ain't eva gonna back down from praising Mark Buerhle :lol:, and rightfully so. A lot of ppl thought Wright pitched terribly against Tampa Bay but he only gave up 3 runs, I'd take that every outing from him as our 5th starter, it will give our offence a lot of chances to win when he's pitchin. If Wunsch is traded though, I think Cotts will probably stay in the bullpen longer as one of the lefties unless they decide to call up David Sanders.

Don't worry Aboz, I know u ain't eva gonna back down from praising Mark Buerhle  :lol:, and rightfully so. A lot of ppl thought Wright pitched terribly against Tampa Bay but he only gave up 3 runs, I'd take that every outing from him as our 5th starter, it will give our offence a lot of chances to win when he's pitchin. If Wunsch is traded though, I think Cotts will probably stay in the bullpen longer as one of the lefties unless they decide to call up David Sanders.

While Mike Jackson has pitched well, I think the pen can live without him.

When Kelly is ready, you put him in the pen along with Danny and let Cotts start, while optioning Jackson for assignment.

Just my two cents on the matter, because obviously Neal Cotts doesn't project as a reliever, so if he can do the job, why leave him in the pen all season?

While Mike Jackson has pitched well, I think the pen can live without him.

When Kelly is ready, you put him in the pen along with Danny and let Cotts start, while optioning Jackson for assignment.

Just my two cents on the matter, because obviously Neal Cotts doesn't project as a reliever, so if he can do the job, why leave him in the pen all season?

Long term Wright should be in the pen, and Cotts should be startin. I think Jackson prob sticks around because of his experience, and if any1 is demoted for Wunsch, it'll be Adkins, which will be very unfair on him because he's done nothin wrong since he's been here. I just hope that if Cotts gets a go at bein a starter if he doesn't pitch well straight away, he doesn't lose his confidence and start believin he can't make it, he's got the ability, he just needs time to settle in to bein a starter at this level.

Long term Wright should be in the pen, and Cotts should be startin. I think Jackson prob sticks around because of his experience, and if any1 is demoted for Wunsch, it'll be Adkins, which will be very unfair on him because he's done nothin wrong since he's been here. I just hope that if Cotts gets a go at bein a starter if he doesn't pitch well straight away, he doesn't lose his confidence and start believin he can't make it, he's got the ability, he just needs time to settle in to bein a starter at this level.

I think that's why they are working Cotts in the way they are. They saw it work with Buehrle, who came up as a reliever and worked his way into the rotation and flourished. Hopefully the same will be the case for Cotts.

I think that's why they are working Cotts in the way they are.  They saw it work with Buehrle, who came up as a reliever and worked his way into the rotation and flourished.  Hopefully the same will be the case for Cotts.

And Neal has looked much, much better this year already. His confidence has been great so far. I only hope they keep him stretched out enough to make him a starter.

And Neal has looked much, much better this year already.  His confidence has been great so far.  I only hope they keep him stretched out enough to make him a  starter.

If Cotts keeps impressin in the pen though, and we need a replacement for Wright, I wonder if Coop and Ozzie will leave Neal in da pen for a lil while longer, and promote sum1 hot from Charlotte like Felix Diaz. Always worth to see sum1 else get a shot as well.