Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

Holy s*** Avengers 2.

Also, my mistake on the second film is the weakest one. Amazing Spider-Man 2's desire to set up everything still in my head.

Age of Ultron pulled that off though.

DC's mistake isn't copying Marvel or it's dark tone - it's what everyone said it would be from the start - the fact that they're going backwards, like if Marvel started with The Avengers and not four other films.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 1, 2015 -> 05:09 AM)
Is the after credits scene anything special? I'm hoping for a SPidey appearance but doubt it since it isnt casted...publicly anyway.

There isn't one. There's a mid-credits scene, but no post credits.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 1, 2015 -> 12:39 PM)
There isn't one. There's a mid-credits scene, but no post credits.

You sure you didn't stay long enough? You should have waited...longer.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)

I stayed the whole way through even though I read Joss Wheden's article about no end credit scene. All I saw was "The Avengers Will Return"

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 1, 2015 -> 10:21 PM)
Yeah, really liked A2. I saw some complaints they tried to pack too much in, but I didn't find that to be the case. Really enjoyed it, and also didn't feel like it was just a movie to set up a sequal(obviously it was, but didn't feel forced.)

I absolutely felt like Age of Ultron tried to pack too much in. There were so many plot lines and stories they tried to weave together. It's not a bad movie. I actually really liked it. THere was just too much going on to think "damn, this is better than the first."

this A2 movie finally made me decided to watch the previous movies. i watch Cap America winter solice and A1.

question for A1 movie, at the end, the little snippet, was that suppose to be Red Skull?? now remember, i am admitting i have a total lack of info in any of these movie / comics. i never really got into comic books things.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 3, 2015 -> 07:24 AM)
this A2 movie finally made me decided to watch the previous movies. i watch Cap America winter solice and A1.

question for A1 movie, at the end, the little snippet, was that suppose to be Red Skull?? now remember, i am admitting i have a total lack of info in any of these movie / comics. i never really got into comic books things.

No, that is Thanos, the Mad Titan.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 3, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
No, that is Thanos, the Mad Titan.

many thanks, i still don't know who that is, but that is on me, for not following comics.

i do have to say, so far, the these movies are pretty decent and entertaining to watch.

peace

QUOTE (LDF @ May 3, 2015 -> 08:10 AM)
many thanks, i still don't know who that is, but that is on me, for not following comics.

i do have to say, so far, the these movies are pretty decent and entertaining to watch.

peace

I guess he's the biggest baddie of the Marvel Universe?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 3, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
Pretty much. Although Galactus is pretty intense too, being that he eats planets

Unfortunately he's a Fox property. Wouldn't it be awesome to have him fight the Avengers?

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 3, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)
Unfortunately he's a Fox property. Wouldn't it be awesome to have him fight the Avengers?

It would be awesome. I am hoping somewhere down the line Fox comes to a similar agreement with Marvel as Sony did

QUOTE (shipps @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)

Considering Kevin Feige himself said there was none :P

Also, when one of my friends saw it a person in their theater yelled "DON'T f*** WITH ME" when "The Avengers Will Return" came on instead of a post-credits.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 1, 2015 -> 10:21 PM)
Yeah, really liked A2. I saw some complaints they tried to pack too much in, but I didn't find that to be the case. Really enjoyed it, and also didn't feel like it was just a movie to set up a sequal(obviously it was, but didn't feel forced.)

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 2, 2015 -> 08:57 AM)
I absolutely felt like Age of Ultron tried to pack too much in. There were so many plot lines and stories they tried to weave together. It's not a bad movie. I actually really liked it. THere was just too much going on to think "damn, this is better than the first."

It felt forced at times. I think the extended 3.5 hour cut will clear a lot of that up and it was noticeable that a lot was cut.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 2, 2015 -> 09:23 AM)
I felt Ultron lacked as a villain.

His goofy personality and witty jokes actually made me indifferent to him, even though he was planning to destroy humanity.

I expected him to come across as more evil, and he just didn't.

I actually liked that. Made him seem more unintentionally evil. He was born into this world and created with a mission, he didn't think it was evil. When he said "GUYS WAIT" to the twins, it humanized the eight foot tall evil robot.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 2, 2015 -> 09:48 AM)

I thought Vision was the most interesting character in the film

, and they spent almost NO time on his character development. i wanted more of that.

I think part of that was because he was originally Jarvis, so we kind of got a grasp on his personality as Jarvis + Ultron + Not Evil. Again, probably fixed in an extended cut. The subtle nods to him and Wanda's future marriage were nice.

Avengers 2 was a bit of a mess.

I think they were trying to add too many new characters. The Ultron character was just wasted, I felt like he was barely even in this movie.

This is part of the reason I don't want Spider-Man or anyone else in these movies. They spend half the movie just introducing new characters.

Actually I'm fine if they add one new Avenger if that means getting rid of Tony Stark. He is beyond played out and I find him annoying. You can see his bad one liners coming from a mile away.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 4, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)
Avengers 2 was a bit of a mess.

I think they were trying to add too many new characters. The Ultron character was just wasted, I felt like he was barely even in this movie.

This is part of the reason I don't want Spider-Man or anyone else in these movies. They spend half the movie just introducing new characters.

Actually I'm fine if they add one new Avenger if that means getting rid of Tony Stark. He is beyond played out and I find him annoying. You can see his bad one liners coming from a mile away.

surprisingly, i like A1 and cap A winter solice.. with that, i guess i need to see the other movies before i commit to A2

so i hope i may see A2 sometime this week. i guess i am looking forward to it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 4, 2015 -> 08:15 AM)
Regarding Cap and Stark,

I was somewhat surprised that they didnt end the movie on sketchy terms with each other, considering Civil War is coming

True, but

my understanding of the Civil War was that it's sparked by government legislation. Since that hasn't happened yet, there's really no reason for them to be at odd.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 4, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
True, but

my understanding of the Civil War was that it's sparked by government legislation. Since that hasn't happened yet, there's really no reason for them to be at odd.

Well, they started the distrust angle with Ultron/Vision, and then walked it back. I felt like it would have been better to keep it on edge and have them go their seperate ways.

Either way, it doesnt kill the angle. The distrust is already made known, i just thought it would have been a little bit more going into Civil war

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 4, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
True, but

They also added the "the Hulk isn't yet going to be arrested" line in there after the bit in Africa.

So much more to come so figure we could separate.

This could include comics, TV (Daredevil, AoS) and films.

Maybe an admin can paste in the previous A2 talk.

I liked A2. Maybe a touch more than the first but think I prefer the individual films more.