Sickels talks Sox MiLB

southsider2k5

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 09:36 AM)
A = Moncada

A-= Giolito

B+ = Kopech, Lopez, Collins and Fulmer

I am not as familiar with Sickels but judging by him keeping Glasnow as the Pirates #1 despite his showing I think you are right

3 Bs - Basabe, Adams, Hansen?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 01:33 PM)
I am not as familiar with Sickels but judging by him keeping Glasnow as the Pirates #1 despite his showing I think you are right

3 Bs - Basabe, Adams, Hansen?

Probably Burdi instead of Basabe. But the bottom half of the top 10 gets pretty interesting so who knows.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 02:02 PM)
Sickels has been sick apparently. He doesn't see players in person and scouts heavily on the basis on stats.

Correct. John was a huge name at one time. He had some pretty significant health issues over a period of a year or two, and hasn't seen anyone in person in years. We (FS) have actually helped him out here and there with info for his lists, and if you see his write-ups, they borrow heavily from our profiles and videos.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 09:39 AM)
He has Michael Ynoa at #13 and Dylan Covey at #14 over guys like Jordan Stephens and Alex Call...wow.

Yup, pretty nuts IMO. I'm a huge fan of both Stephens & Call.

Also, no way in hell Michalczewski doesn't make the top 20. His prospect status has definitely soured, but he's still a more interesting prospect than several guys on his list.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 10:04 AM)

Also, no way in hell Michalczewski doesn't make the top 20. His prospect status has definitely soured, but he's still a more interesting prospect than several guys on his list.

Good call, I forgot about Michalczewski. He had a disappointing year, but still young enough with tools to put it together.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 10:04 AM)

The ONE thing that Covey and Ynoa both have is that they are already here. Ynoa was already on the roster, and there is a pretty high chance that Covey breaks camp in the starting rotation. If you weight towards the chance at being a big leaguer, it makes these rankings make some sense.