Have the sox found an all star in avi?

ron883

I recently made a thread about the Sox pursuing an avi trade. My opinion was that his season was a fluke, and it seems rick Hahn thought that way too. I'm afraid to say I was wrong. Avi is the real deal, and I think they should keep him. I thought his season was a fluke from the high babip and all the singles. Boy was I wrong.

Avi has been straight mashing one again. I'm sold on him being the real deal. He is going to MASH next year. I'm expecting a great batting average again. He hasr been such a great hitter this year.

Do you think it is a fluke or the real deal? Take it from me. This dude will MASH next year. I cannot wait for that young, exciting team. Bring on 2018.

Edit: can a mod change the title to "avi", not "avj", please? The Boone's Farm got me loopy.

Edited by ron883

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 12:54 AM)
I've been saying all season that Avi will be a perennial all star the rest of his career and a future HOF inductee (maybe first ballot). If our rebuild is to be successful, we must sign him to a long term contract (unfortunately, the organization has probably cost itself 50-75 million by waiting til this point)

I thought you were crazy, but you were right. You owe me, and many on this forum, a large dish of crow to eat, cooked extra rare. Props to you for calling it right.

Edited by ron883

I've been saying all season that Avi will be a perennial all star the rest of his career and a future HOF inductee (maybe first ballot). If our rebuild is to be successful, we must sign him to a long term contract (unfortunately, the organization has probably cost itself 50-75 million by waiting til this point)

f07.jpg

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 01:54 AM)

I'm a huge Garcia fan but, while I hope you're right, that may be a little aggressive. I do think he's going to be a top player. As great as his numbers are right now, imagine what they could be if he didn't have that 3 week, or so, nosedive due to playing with that wrist injury. Of course, some are never going to be a fan of his and the first time he has any type of 3-5 game slump they'll be on here clamoring to get rid of him.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 01:54 AM)

Not only that but i would bet even money that he breaks pete rose's hit record

I'd be surprised if there's every been a HOF who had as bad of a start to a career as Avi has.. lol Let's not get crazy

My opinion: I was the biggest Avi fan when we brought him over from the Tigers and remained a big fan. However... I am not sold. He is strictly a singles hitter. Little power to go with him with an extremely high BABIP. However, that's not to say he can't be productive. I see him as a .270 hitter, which before the season to see that would have been crazy. That's a useful #6 batter. I think this is a career year for him. I think you EXPLORE trade deals, though only taking one if it includes a very good prospect. If not you hold him and ride this out, hoping it's real. I'd try to extend him this off season for about Anderson money. 6-8 million a year. If he declines (which i wouldn't blame him) you try to trade him, if you can't you simply hold him and take that qualifying offer in two years and get that comp pick. Anything close to 10 mil is crazy for him given his track record, and that fact that he literally is a 1.5 tool player. Just my two cents.. It's been a fun year but I am not completely sold. PROVE ME WRONG AVI

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 01:29 PM)
This thread is a perfect example of what happens when we let the trolls run wild. Absolute garbage and negatively impacts the overall quality of the board.

What? Explain. Would a thread blasting Avi have been better?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2017 -> 11:38 AM)
What? Explain. Would a thread blasting Avi have been better?

Because you don't even know if the OP is serious or not. I'd guess not .

There's already an Avi thread which was posted shortly after my Avi thread which is likely on page 4 or 5 by now. I think we have shot our wad on Avi.