7/26 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 06:27 PM)
Maybe can hit if you take them out of that park...which is going to be a huge problem going forward assessing our Charlotte roster statistically.

Several things need to be said as I hear this Charlotte = Coors Field drum being beaten repeatedly

1. They have always played in a bandbox. This isn't a radical change or even one as significant as the Barons switching from a very pitcher-friendly park to a hitter-friendly park.

2. A confounding factor in evaluating the home run statistic at the new park is that the pitchers on the Charlotte team are awful. Half the time you're looking at basically IL-worst pitchers going for the home team in Charlotte.

3. Most of the players of note on the Charlotte roster have hit better on the road.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 05:27 PM)
Maybe can hit if you take them out of that park...which is going to be a huge problem going forward assessing our Charlotte roster statistically.

Eh, Johnson and Wilkins have been better on the road, Davidson's been equivalent. Semien, Phegley and Danks have feasted at home. Lately, they're scoring well everywhere.

Well, Semien (Beckham/Ramirez), Wilkins and Davidson are blocked at the moment....Johnson's still too young...and they already know what Danks can do. Then you have the Phegley defense/make-up or leadership concerns.

Not sure how they're going to get playing time for Davidson with Konerko/Gillaspie/Abreu/Dunn, but it would be nice if Konerko volunteered to give up some of his at-bats the last two months.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 05:46 PM)
Seems like pitchers are pitching around Wilkins more. He's walked 3 times In the last 4 days.

Good that he's recognizing it and taking them. 1-1 in game 2.

Davidson heading back toward Mendoza. I don't need to see him in Sept.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 08:38 PM)
Depending on what you think of his age (considering Phegley is in AAA) and his rawness coming out.. I'm well aware though. ;)

I know what you mean, man. I think what keeps Smith as a legit prospect is that he can hit, at least at Birmingham anyway. Like you, I'm going to be watching Austin close. Dude hit pretty well at NC.