7/28 Games

flavum

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)
Hahaha I can't tell if that's sarcastic or not because they are poorly written, I just try to share my observations, but thanks a lot, I appreciate if you're serious

They've been much appreciated, it was most definitely a sincere comment.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 08:36 PM)

as a fan of everything White Sox esp the minor league teams, plus I live in another state (LA), I really

look forward to these rpts. I can't get enuf of them, pls keep up the good work all.

peace

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 01:13 AM)
I think its officially time to start wondering about Davidson.his fielding lately may be worse than his hitting.

He and Erik Johnson went from projected starters for the next 3-6 years to possible long shots to earn a starting role. Thankfully Conor has gone out and earned the 3rd base spot.

Could just be a bad year for Davidson and Johnson, they could always rebound next season. Both are young.

And who was it that said Angel Sanchez was the 2nd most exciting pitcher in the system lol? Ever since he said that, Sanchez has been getting lit up.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 07:29 PM)
Could just be a bad year for Davidson and Johnson, they could always rebound next season. Both are young.

And who was it that said Angel Sanchez was the 2nd most exciting pitcher in the system lol? Ever since he said that, Sanchez has been getting lit up.

That statement (although it was more in jest as Montas and Anderson had just gone down to injury, Davidon/Johnson/Semien were struggling) and Mitchell Boggs as the closer hasn't worked out very well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 09:03 PM)
That statement (although it was more in jest as Montas and Anderson had just gone done to injury, Davidon/Johnson/Semien were struggling) and Mitchell Boggs as the closer hasn't worked out very well.

Semien will be fine. I like his hit tool and he can still work a walk and has good power. Davidson's power is still there at least but he has no contact right now, I'd still make that trade 10 times out of 10. Johnson scares me the most because he lost 3 mph on his fastball and his control went to s***.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)
Hahaha I can't tell if that's sarcastic or not because they are poorly written, I just try to share my observations, but thanks a lot, I appreciate if you're serious

Totally serious. It's so cool when some of us get to actually see the minor league teams play. I appreciate the info. Otherwise, I'm only looking at box scores and occasional highlights. I'm hoping myself to see the Voyagers in a couple of weeks.

I think that Micker is having a good year with the AZL club. Yeah he is striking out a lot, but you have to keep in mind that he is 17 years old and is holding his own against more advanced competition. I think that he is going to be a special player for the White Sox down the line.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
Braulio "A Better Prospect Than Rangel Ravelo According To MLB.com" Ortiz walked 4 in 2 innings tonight, gave up 3 hits and a run with 2 strikeouts and lowered his Birmingham ERA to 11.25.

How the heck did he earn a promotion to AA? He wasn't that good with the Dash either.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2014 -> 09:19 PM)
How the heck did he earn a promotion to AA? He wasn't that good with the Dash either.

Performance doesn't seem to matter a whole lot to the Sox sometimes for promotions. That might be a bit of unfair stat scouting, but there's definitely cases of rushing guys performing relatively poorly whilst other guys with way stronger numbers are left too long.