Patterson City's Best Centerfielder?

Steve9347

Wow, that guy is nuts to say Patterson is better than Rowand right now. The only thing Patterson is better at currently is hitting homeruns. He has fewer RBIs, lower batting average, and a thousand more strikeouts. Nice work, tribune. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
Wow, that guy is nuts to say Patterson is better than Rowand right now.  The only thing Patterson is better at currently is hitting homeruns.  He has fewer RBIs, lower batting average, and a thousand more strikeouts.  Nice work, tribune. :lolhitting

Who and what are you talking about? The All-City team?

everyone on the northside has a boner for patterson's talent, and his "potential." This guy has no talent, he is a no talent ass-clown. He has no strike zone eye, and whenever he makes contact, he hits it out, which is rare. He has speed but cant steal bases. The guy is nothing more than an average player. If I was cubs fans, I would be calling for a trade of patterson, Pie is going to be a much better player, and pretty much already is!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
everyone on the northside has a boner for patterson's talent, and his "potential."  This guy has no talent, he is a no talent ass-clown.  He has no strike zone eye, and whenever he makes contact, he hits it out, which is rare.  He has speed but cant steal bases. The guy is nothing more than an average player.  If I was cubs fans, I would be calling for a trade of patterson, Pie is going to be a much better player, and pretty much already is!

That reminds me of someone on the Sox......(cough)Willie Harris(cough).....

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
That reminds me of someone on the Sox......(cough)Willie Harris(cough).....

I honestly believe, that all it would take is some time with SPODS to get willie to be a better basestealer. PODS has the best technique I have EVER seen, and I think Willie can pick it up. Not to mention the first base coach has 808 career stolen bases and could probably help out as well.

Patterson HAD potential...he's too stubborn to change anything. He's been in the league, what, 4-5 years now and he's the same player he was when he was called up. He is a five-tool player if he would listen to coaches and other players.

Garland is our version of Patterson, but pitchers take a little longer sometimes (see: Jamie Moyer).

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
I honestly believe, that all it would take is some time with SPODS to get willie to be a better basestealer.  PODS has the best technique I have EVER seen, and I think Willie can pick it up.  Not to mention the first base coach has 808 career stolen bases and could probably help out as well.

That would help out Willie alot. But wasn't he an awesome base stealer in the minors, but when he came up to the bigs he just couldn't steal for s***.

Patterson

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
Patterson HAD potential...he's too stubborn to change anything.  He's been in the league, what, 4-5 years now and he's the same player he was when he was called up.  He is a five-tool player if he would listen to coaches and other players. 

Garland  is our version of Patterson, but pitchers take a little longer sometimes (see: Jamie Moyer ).

All 3 drafted by the Cubs. Do I see a pattern forming.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
The answer you are looking for is........yes.

If they win a few more games, look for Hendry to start unloading half of the Diamondjaxx farmclub. That team is STACKED with hitters, and they just took the first half in first place. The cubs are great at drafting players and then trading them away so they can be stars.