AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not be surprised one bit if Myers is closing for the Sox down the stretch (and thats the exact reason why KW got him -- insurance). Reed is scary right now and I don't know if I can take his ninth innings in August and September haha

Liriano looked filthy, If he can cut down those walks, he is gonna be a nice nice addition to this team...

Still need more consistency from the offense though. They've been this way all season, but they need to get together at the right time and put more than 2 or so games between them and Detroit.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
I would not be surprised one bit if Myers is closing for the Sox down the stretch (and thats the exact reason why KW got him -- insurance). Reed is scary right now and I don't know if I can take his ninth innings in August and September haha

Liriano looked filthy, If he can cut down those walks, he is gonna be a nice nice addition to this team...

Still need more consistency from the offense though. They've been this way all season, but they need to get together at the right time and put more than 2 or so games between them and Detroit.

I realize he gave up a run. But he is still holding opponents to a pretty low average, is getting games closed, and is averaging a strikeout per 9. He's been nothing but solid, especially when you consider the fact he's a rookie. And he's significantly better then Myers. The only hard hit ball was Span's single (which was crushed but he's killing everyone right now).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
I realize he gave up a run. But he is still holding opponents to a pretty low average, is getting games closed, and is averaging a strikeout per 9. He's been nothing but solid, especially when you consider the fact he's a rookie. And he's significantly better then Myers. The only hard hit ball was Span's single (which was crushed but he's killing everyone right now).

Come on, Jas...he's been all sorts of things other than solid. He's been consistently mediocre, especially over the course of the past 6 weeks or so.

He's allowed the leadoff man to reach in what seems like 5-6 consecutive outings.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)
Come on, Jas...he's been all sorts of things other than solid. He's been consistently mediocre, especially over the course of the past 6 weeks or so.

He's allowed the leadoff man to reach in what seems like 5-6 consecutive outings.

He's getting the job done. He has gave up his fair share of hits, but by and large hes' been solid. And to be honest, the hits haven't been excessive or anything. His WHIP isn't bad. He's not pitching lock-down right now, but he's doing pretty good for a rookie and he's still the best option on the roster (IMO).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
He's getting the job done. He has gave up his fair share of hits, but by and large hes' been solid. And to be honest, the hits haven't been excessive or anything. His WHIP isn't bad. He's not pitching lock-down right now, but he's doing pretty good for a rookie and he's still the best option on the roster (IMO).

Yeah, but we can't afford for him not to get the job done. The margin for error isn't there.

I just hope he can make some adjustments, because he is really playing with fire right now.

Reed in the month of July (prior to today's game):

WHIP is 1, ERA is 3.75, strikeouts to 9 is 5.6.

Not sure what people's expectations are, but that isn't terrible. I realize he isn't pitching like Mariano but as a whole solid numbers (k/9 is a little low). But as a whole he is average a k per 9.