Hamburgers

Heads22

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all about throwing em in a pan because I'm a fatty and love em greasy as funk. Blue cheese, grilled onions, BBQ sauce. Boom....A juicy lucy(cheese on the inside) if I'm feelin frogy.

Despite being a fatty McGee I haven't had fast food in quite some time. Often because I'm eating with others and 1 fast food bill would cost about the same as what it would cost to make homemade.

I'd also like to let you in on perhaps the most amazing thing I've ever made......Leftover cold pulled pork, ya know when its been sitting in the fridge for a day and its all kinda glued together in its fat, form that s*** into a patty and throw that sob in a hot pan and boom, pulled pork burger. Phe..nominal (Jim Rome voice)

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 09:33 PM)
I'm all about throwing em in a pan because I'm a fatty and love em greasy as funk. Blue cheese, grilled onions, BBQ sauce. Boom....A juicy lucy(cheese on the inside) if I'm feelin frogy.

Despite being a fatty McGee I haven't had fast food in quite some time. Often because I'm eating with others and 1 fast food bill would cost about the same as what it would cost to make homemade.

I like your style. I'd add bacon to that blue burger

Fav fast food is tough, so many choices for different types of burgers. Sometimes I was thin and crispy and sometimes juicy and thick. I like anything from Mickeys to five guys.

If I make it at home I sear it medium rare with cheddar or blue and bacon. Those are my staples. If I have jalapeños ill grill them as well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
I like your style. I'd add bacon to that blue burger

Fav fast food is tough, so many choices for different types of burgers. Sometimes I was thin and crispy and sometimes juicy and thick. I like anything from Mickeys to five guys.

If I make it at home I sear it medium rare with cheddar or blue and bacon. Those are my staples. If I have jalapeños ill grill them as well.

For fast food 5 guys is the best.

There is a place here where the owner takes a ball of Blue cheese, wraps it in hamburger then wraps it in bacon. After he cooks it it is about the size of a 12 inch softball. You need to let it cool for 20 miutes then pop it. It deflates to an inch and a half patty. It is the best bacon blue burger created.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 06:14 AM)
For fast food 5 guys is the best.

There is a place here where the owner takes a ball of Blue cheese, wraps it in hamburger then wraps it in bacon. After he cooks it it is about the size of a 12 inch softball. You need to let it cool for 20 miutes then pop it. It deflates to an inch and a half patty. It is the best bacon blue burger created.

Five guys is damn good, but a tad greasy. I know, greasy is good. And the fries there suck. Don't get me wrong, still like it.

Best burgers: InNOut burger is damn good. Good shakes too.

Funny how many people still go to McDonald's. I must say if I'm starving I can wolf down one of those double quarterpounders.

I hate Smashburger.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 11:56 PM)
Five guys is damn good, but a tad greasy. I know, greasy is good. And the fries there suck. Don't get me wrong, still like it.

Best burgers: InNOut burger is damn good. Good shakes too.

Funny how many people still go to McDonald's. I must say if I'm starving I can wolf down one of those double quarterpounders.

I hate Smashburger.

See the fries at five guys are some of my favorites. Especially if you get them spicy. The main weakness of in n out is they have the worst fries on the planet.

Finally had a Red Robin built by me when I lived in Orlando so I liked going there to get their Royal with bacon and an egg. Moved to Tampa last month and they have a one located 10 minutes away so I'm happy.

Anyone been to Burger 21? There is one up the road from me but I've never been.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)
Where do you get your favorite fast food burger?

What do you get on your burger?

How do you grill your burger?

Fast Food Burgers are awful, unless it is the Habit or Five Guys and Five Guys is too expensive for a fast food setting. Best burger is made at home, imo. Grilled with some cheese and topped with grilled onions and mushrooms if not lazy. Plus some ketchup. Perfect.

If I was going to pick a chain place, I enjoy Red Robin of all places.

I so rarely buy fast food burgers. If you want slightly better than true fast food, go Epic Burger.

Best real fast food joint for burgers I've ever had was Backyard Burgers, we had them when I lived in Memphis. Southern chain. Damn good burgers.

Perfect burger: Blackened, cheddar or mozz, bacon, lettuce, mayo, and if they have it - avocado.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 10:15 AM)
Fast Food Burgers are awful, unless it is the Habit or Five Guys and Five Guys is too expensive for a fast food setting. Best burger is made at home, imo. Grilled with some cheese and topped with grilled onions and mushrooms if not lazy. Plus some ketchup. Perfect.

If I was going to pick a chain place, I enjoy Red Robin of all places.

Red Robin is pretty good. And it is a plus that there is plenty of stuff to keep your kid occupied

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 09:21 PM)
Where do you get your favorite fast food burger?

Beef-a-Roo or Checkers when I can find one. Sonic and Culver's are pretty good as well.

What do you get on your burger?

Everything. That usually equals ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion, sometimes a pickle

How do you grill your burger?

Badly. Somehow I've just never gotten the knack for grilling a good burger.

Edited by Iwritecode

Fast food: Culvers or Wendys, Portillos is good as well

Fast Casual: 5 Guys, Red Robin

At home: I do 2 kind of burgers:

Standard - Form about 1/4 - 1/3 in thick, push a "crater" into the middle, garlic salt and pepper. 80/20 probably makes the tastiest burgers.

Cajun - Same form but douse in cajun seasoning on both sides, trick is to not go easy on the seasoning as otherwise you can't taste it.

Best toppings: Fried onions, bacon, and avocado along with cheddar cheese.

I still think the best burgers are at the local restaurants that do it right, as much as I love my grilled burgers, I think frying makes the best burgers.